A Mile A Day

can I join in? (Read 168 times)

mjwithtwins

I just recently returned to running, I had a false start in October but then got H1N1.  After recovering a couple of weeks ago I decided to make a fresh start on Thanksgiving day and see how many days straight I can run in a row.  Right now I'm super slow and not going for very long distances, trying to keep my HR down because I've found in the past that was the best way to not hurt myself.

So my plan at this time is to do slow short distances every single day building up a little bit at a time.  I thought this group would be a good place to keep on track.  Is it possible to do at least a mile every day even when I'm technically just getting started?

Welcome!  Glad to have you, and a mile a day is fine.  Slow is fine. 

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Ojo

Welcome!  A mile a day especially if you are just starting is great and keeps you motivated.

Sara

MM #2929

jb944

Chicago RnR 1/2 Marathon

Welcome!  Yes, you can do a little and be slow.  That's a description of me!  I'm just getting back after being sick for most of the past two months.
          mjwithtwins

Thanks for the welcome.  I'm doing about 2 miles a day right now.  My short term goal is to get up to 3 miles a day by the end of the year.
            jeffdonahue

Welcome to the group. If you can give me your start date, I can get you up on the chart on the front page.

Happy Streaking

I'm on the right

H1N1, I'm sorry that is unfortunate.  I'm surprised I didn't come down with it in September.  I was working at the Peds Hospital in September and we had tons of cases.  I'm glad you are feeling better!

I'm Eric, the guy who runs to keep his sanity.