A Mile A Day

Finally Did It! (Read 143 times)

I started running in September 2007, and pretty much wanted to buy a treadmill right away.  I hate them, and do 95% of my running outside.  However, I do live in New England and some days it is just not smart to run outside.  I can run through snow and cold, but ice would just be stupid.  I'm klutzy.  Klutzy + ice = broken ankle.

Still, I couldn't justify buying a treadmill if I was only going to run on it a few times per year.

Enter the streak. 

I started streaking in June and don't want to stop just because of some stupid ice.  So, I finally did it.  I broke down and bought a treadmill.  I bought the Sole F85 on sale with free inside delivery from Dick's.  It probably won't actually arrive until early to mid-December, but I am very excited!

http://www.runningnotes.net

I have been toying with the idea of buying a treadmill due to the impending winter.  And yet there is Ojo (Sara) who just ran 365 days in Connecticut  all outside. Wow!  I have a gym membership but I have only been once since last April and I hate paying a monthly fee for a frozen membership.  So having a treadmill in the house (which is all I really use at the gym anyway) would make life so easy when there is a raging blizzard outside.  Or I could just strap on my YakTraks and run up and down the dead end road across from my house till I have reached a mile.

A Saucy Wench

I bought a treadmill last winter after 2 weeks of un runnable roads (even with yaktraks) and closed gym (if the gym closes due to weather why the hell do I need you?).  Course then I found out it is too loud for me to run at my normal time. 

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Yep, here in NH there are a handful of days each winter on which the roads are just un-runnable.  They are partial ice and partial asphalt.  Too much ice to just wear shoes, and too much asphalt to wear yaktrax.  I tried, it killed my legs.

I didn't even think about the gym closing, but I could see that happening and I would be ANNOYED!

Plus, the great thing about the treadmill is that if I decide to run at 10PM or 6AM, it's a LOT easier than going to the gym.  It's going in the basement, so I'm not too worried about noise.

http://www.runningnotes.net

A Saucy Wench

yeah, I miss basements.  There are no basements here. Sucks.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

So, how do you like the treadmill?