A Mile A Day

New Garmin Option (Read 147 times)

q day

Awsome, is the word that comes to mind! I downloaded my Garmin 305 to Running Ahead, and I now have everything that I've always wanted in a log. I hated not having the pace per mile, week, month, etc option, but RA finally got it. Now my runs are automatically put on a map with the elevation listed below. Awsome! Check out my run today (Feb 25th) to see the information that was downloaded. Don't miss the map and graphs, tabs. I love it! Big grinMaybe this will give me some much needed motivation in the form of going out and running all my favorite courses to have in RA. D

"If you always do, what you've always done; you'll always get what you've always got."

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Totally cool, I agree! Make sure to change the run type from default.
        Thanks, that is very nicely done. I ran on a treadmill the last two days, and don't have information on my garmin. I think I'll use it tonight.
        jeffdonahue

Thanks, that is very nicely done. I ran on a treadmill the last two days, and don't have information on my garmin. I think I'll use it tonight.
          Oh yeah, the old ZERO miles in an hour garmin entry. Wink

Running around the ship

I love the new Garmin feature! THe maps are better than the garmin software and even a couple of others I tried to use.
              Well, even after working back and forth with Eric, I was not able to import my Garmin data into RunningAhead. I am bummed! I know how hard Eric worked on this as I have done a similar thing to import 305 data into MS Access. If interested, here is a link to a blog entry of what I did - http://dhartley86.vox.com/library/post/running-log---part-four-garmin-gps.html Here is a copy/paste of emails Eric and I exchanged. If anyone has thoughts/suggestions I would appreciate them. _____________________ From: D Hartley <dhartley86@yahoo.com> Subject: Re: RA Feedback: Downloading from Garmin that has no history - hangs??? To: "Eric Yee" <eyee@runningahead.com> Date: Saturday, February 28, 2009, 7:05 AM Hello Eric, I downloaded Firefox, but get the same behavior. I am bummed! I know how hard you worked on this as I have done a similar thing to import 305 data into MS Access. I have brought up garmin runs from other RunningAhead users, and like what you have done. Dean --- On Fri, 2/27/09, Eric Yee <eyee@runningahead.com> wrote: From: Eric Yee <eyee@runningahead.com> Subject: Re: RA Feedback: Downloading from Garmin that has no history - hangs??? To: "D Hartley" <dhartley86@yahoo.com> Date: Friday, February 27, 2009, 9:29 PM Hi Dean,I'm scratching my head on this one. Others have reported similar problems but they also said that a different browser would not have the same problem so I suspect that it's some kind of configuration issue. There are no popups so I don't know why IE claimed something is blocked. If you have Firefox installed, I would give that a try just to have another data point. eric Smile On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 6:55 PM, D Hartley <dhartley86@yahoo.com> wrote: Eric, Thanks for the quick response. I went for a run with my Garmin today. The same behavior appears when I download a run: the browser stops responding. I wonder if my AVG Internet Security (v8.0.237) is getting in the way? I attached a couple jpg's (created with MS Paint) that are screen grabs. The first one, GarminDownLoad.JPG, shows as far as the down load will go. My watch gives the "Transfer Complete" message. Is a new window supposed to appear? In the screen grab, notice pop ups are enabled (the menu option 'disallow pop-ups from www.runningahead.com' appears sort of hinting pop ups are allowed at your site.) The second image, GarminDriver.JPG, shows the results of the Garmin test page. I reinstalled the drivers as suggested. The test indicates I have the latest driver - version 2.6.3.0. I am able to download the run in another product. Thanks for your time,Dean --- On Thu, 2/26/09, Eric Yee <eyee@runningahead.com> wrote: From: Eric Yee <eyee@runningahead.com> Subject: Re: RA Feedback: Downloading from Garmin that has no history - hangs??? To: dhartley86@yahoo.com Date: Thursday, February 26, 2009, 3:12 PM Hi Dean,I haven't encountered this problem. The browser should not hang at all. What does the status bar of the GPS importer show when the browser hangs? Maybe that would provide a clue. For now, my only recommendation is to make sure you have the latest USB driver and Garmin Communicator plugin. Even if you think you have updated recently, reinstall them just in case. eric Smile On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 7:53 PM, <dhartley86@yahoo.com> wrote: Hi Eric, I ran on the treadmill tonight, but was excited to try the garmin download. However, I deleted the last run, so there was no history. The result was the browser stopped responding. No big deal, thought I would send along the information. Keep up the good work and thanks. Dean ----------------------------- User name: mainrun User ID: b6e5a6da78af4aa6af9a3d6886005051 Browser: WinXP IE7 7.0</dhartley86@yahoo.com></eyee@runningahead.com></eyee@runningahead.com></dhartley86@yahoo.com></dhartley86@yahoo.com></eyee@runningahead.com></eyee@runningahead.com></eyee@runningahead.com></dhartley86@yahoo.com>