A Mile A Day

I like the cool numbered days (Read 551 times)

jeffdonahue

100, 200, 500 - those are all great, but I really like the consecutive number days even better.  Like 666 was pretty cool - day of the devil.

Today was day 1111 for me and I actually am more excited about that than I was about hitting 1000 or even 1022 (which beat Young1's record on here as the longest streaker).

So I topped today off with a killer treadmill run.  I had a 6x1000 interval session planned, but turned it into a 6x4:30 on the treadmill with 3 miles each for WU/CD.  It totalled 11.3 miles when I was done so I just kept on going and made it a half marathon for the day.

Ojo

Great number! 

Too bad it didn't happen on 1/11/11 -- that would have been crazy!  Big grin

Sara

MM #2929

jeffdonahue

I know, that would have been way too coincidental (but it was close).

Hannibal Granite

I started my streak last year so that day 100 would be on Christmas.  I had been inconsistent up to that point and decided I just needed to do something every day (my minimum is 15 minutes or ~2 miles)  I looked at the calandar figured that if I started that day I would reach 100 on Christmas.  I had not run the day before and it was already 6PM, but it motivated me to do something that day - and every day since.

"You NEED to do this" - Shara

Beware, batbear...

It's no 1111 but today was day 22 for me (one day less than my longest streak ever).  It's interesting how, even at a measly 3 weeks, the longer the streak gets, the less I even entertain an excuse not to run.

2014 Goal -- Run 5X per week, pain-free (relatively) by end of summer.

jeffdonahue

It's interesting how, even at a measly 3 weeks, the longer the streak gets, the less I even entertain an excuse not to run.

Yeah, that's the way it works.  You start to think about the days, weeks and months you put into the streak and realize that just by missing ONE day, you would have to start all over again.  That right there has motivated me to get out the door on many many days.

jpdeaux

Huh. 300. How did I get here?

Coincidentally, yesterday I also hit 300 miles for the month.

jeffdonahue

Huh. 300. How did I get here?

Coincidentally, yesterday I also hit 300 miles for the month.

You got there by running a crapload of miles - that's how.

Nice job.

Beware, batbear...

Not a cool numbered day so much, but ended up with a fun mileage total after day 72.  333.3 milesBig grin  

2014 Goal -- Run 5X per week, pain-free (relatively) by end of summer.

jeffdonahue

Not a cool numbered day so much, but ended up with a fun mileage total after day 72.  333.3 milesBig grin  

Sweeet

Loves the outdoors

It's not a cool numbered day, but it is day 200! Feels like a pretty big milestone to me Smile

One day I decided I wanted to become a runner, so I did.

Ojo

It's not a cool numbered day, but it is day 200! Feels like a pretty big milestone to me Smile

Sounds like a cool number to me!  Congratulations!  Big grin

Sara

MM #2929

jeffdonahue

Sounds like a cool number to me!  Congratulations!  Big grin

+1

Ojo

I am such a numbers geek too -- I am really disappointed that my marathon is going to fall on day 899 and not 900.  So silly but day 900 is actually my birthday and it seems like it would have made a great celebration day.  Smile

Sara

MM #2929

Ojo

Jeff!  You passed 1200 days!!!  Wow!  Big grin

Sara

MM #2929