A Mile A Day

string of one milers (Read 87 times)

Last week was one of the busiest weeks I have had in a long time. Time wise and eventually motivation wise it was difficult to get runs in, so I ended up with a string of one milers in a row with a couple of two mile runs mixed in there. A little frustrating, but I'm trying to look at it as a "rest" period. I shouldn't complain because I really haven't had a bad week yet. My streak almost ended last Wednesday night. After our beer league softball game we went to Buffalo Wild Wings. After I got home I flipped on the TV for a little while and ended up passing out on the couch. Luckily I woke up at 11:50 PM so I got a quick run in. Close call! I will get back on track tonight. This coming weekend I am going to Corpus with family and friends to run in the Beach to Bay Relay marathon. This is our 4th year in a row doing this run, and it is a blast each year. I get the last leg this year! Later! Mike
    jeffdonahue

Way to keep it going. I ahve a string of one milers in the middle of April when I got the stomach flue. It throws you off but at least you get out there each day.

Running around the ship

Good job keeping it alive! I like seeing the new activity on this forum...the personal stories help everyone. As Young1 mentioned on a different thread, I fill most of my days with 1 milers. I really don't like running that much and use it as a tool to make me go to the gym. On days that I can't make the gym I run my mile and am happy that I did something for my body. Eventually I would like to get to 3 miles per day being my norm (not my minimum) as I currently spend 30 minutes minimum on the treadmill with running and walking (covering between 2.4 and 2.7 miles). Oh, thinking of goals, I never really had one until a a day or so ago; 365 days. Tomorrow is 100! I've run sick, on vacation at 13,000 feet, shoes untied (twice! You'd think I'd learned the 1st time!), sore, tired and hungover! Dead You guys don't know me, but trust me, if I can run a silly mile everyday there is NOTHING stopping you! Let's keep these streaks alive! Mike
        jeffdonahue

Good job keeping it alive! Eventually I would like to get to 3 miles per day being my norm (not my minimum) as I currently spend 30 minutes minimum on the treadmill with running and walking (covering between 2.4 and 2.7 miles). Oh, thinking of goals, I never really had one until a a day or so ago; 365 days. Tomorrow is 100!
          Congrats on hitting 100 - that is super.
            Sadly...most of my challenging runs have come when I have been hungover... Big grin
              Back in the saddle again last night with a good run in.