A Mile A Day

Weekly Checkin 05-04-09 (Read 218 times)

jeffdonahue

Not a bad week. I cut back to 40 miles this week and hopefully will hit 50 again in the updcoming week. The runs all felt pretty good except yesterdays. I am in Florida for a conference and had hoped to get a 15 miler in with a run to Downtown Disney and back from my hotel. Well, first I underestimated the heat (it was 94 degrees, no wind, no clouds) and got a sunburn. Second, I got lost twice which threw me off mentally and I turned around cutting the run short to just over 11 miles. I might try for it again later in the week (but in the morning before the sun comes up) but it depends how the rest of the week goes. The rest of the week was fine. My legs feel strong and most of the tweaks and twinges I had about a month ago are gone now. MIlestones this week: mikeburlingame - 15 months racerunner - 1 YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ojo - 175 days runinblack - 150 days jugdish - 4 months hawk - 1 month smalcom - 1 month Ennay - two weeks Nice job everyone - keep it up. Jeff
    Jill_B

I fly.

I had a great 1/2 yesterday (on my 50th day of running no less) and I'm ready for another good week! The weather is going to stink (lots of rain), but supposedly my treadmill is getting fixed today.

Bring it on.

Ojo

I am happy to report that I do believe streaking is working for me!!! I ran my best marathon yesterday -- not a huge PR but 4 minutes is good enough -- mainly because I ran consistently the whole race and did not have any legs cramps. I have been feeling for awhile now that since I started streaking I need to fuel less during long runs and that does seemed to be true yesterday. I did get in 1.25 this morning, which actually felt better than I thought it would. Congrats to racerunner for reaching a year, and to everyone else this week. Thanks also for the support. Nice to know there are people are there who don't think I am crazy for running everyday! Big grin

Sara

MM #2929

Congrats, Ojo, on the new PR!

Ryan

I hit a few new milestones this week: Highest mileage calendar week - 62.3 Miles Highest 7 day mileage (4/25-5/1) - 68.3 Miles Highest Monthly mileage (April) - 242 Miles I am pretty happy with my progress and I am glad to remain injury free. I also ran a 2 mile time trial yesterday and took 2 seconds off my PR from last fall. Felt pretty good, was hoping to go about 15 seconds faster but legs felt tired when I got out there. So, in the end, I was happy to finish in a decent time. I think it is good prep for some 5Ks that I am planning.

Ryan

A Saucy Wench

Hit 50 miles this week for the first time in ages and had a race without hamstring pain so thats the good side The bad side is I have lost SERIOUS fitness. Had to realize that PR's will probably not come until very late in the year if at all this year. Most of my big races are in a month or two. At 50.0 miles my knee which has never complained before in my running life suddenly said STOP, no more. I was a 1/2 mile from home at that point so I hobbled/ran home. Today it was ok for a few miles then twinged. I'm stuck at home with croupy kid and school closures so I may try the multiple short runs thing today. I dont expect another big week for a couple weeks, I am traveling for the next couple weekends.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

jb944

Chicago RnR 1/2 Marathon

Streaking is definitely helping me. My average HR is dropping, my pace is slowly getting better, and I hit my first 100 mile month in April. I'll attempt my first 10 miler this week.
                Wingz

Professional Noob

Doing well here. I'm in to my 3rd week of barefoot running, and ventured outside two days go. That was kinda fun! Smile Minor aches, pains, and blisters, but no major issues. Had 2 days in a row where I could run more than 1 mile at a time - hopefully it's time that I can start building back up again! *crosses fingers*

Roads were made for journeys...

Ennay, I'm finding that my recovery time is shortening now. The daily running helps. Up to 35 miles (in the last 7 days). Trying to aggressively, but safely, get to 50-60 miles minimum.
                      I ran 35 miles last week. Sunday, April 26, I ran 10 miles with miles 3, 4, and 5 at a steady clip. Thursday, April 30, I did a 5 X 1K @ at a bit slower than goal 5K pace with 90 seconds job in between. All other runs/miles were easy. good running all
                        I ran my 3rd marathon Sunday and felt great. Got in a slow short run today and it felt good.

~Sara
                        It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great. ~ Jimmy Dugan

A Saucy Wench

ooops, I just realized I accidentally ran I think my second highest mileage 7 day span ever. No wonder I feel kind of wiped this morning. And kind of sad that I cut my run short...0.7 miles more would have made it the longest ever. (eyeing my treadmill...but no, I am tired and I have a lot to do today) I probably wont have internet access a good part of next week so my log will look like I am not running, I'll catch it up when I can.

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

anneb

Damn I have been feeling wiped out this week too, so I looked at my log and I guess the last 3 weeks have been my highest mileage ever - 51, 48, 48 - so I guess that makes sense. Nothing hurts, just feeling mentally exhausted. Next 2 weeks will be down a little so that's ok. Off to the eye doctor where it just occurred to me this morning that they will probably dilate my eyes. And then back to the office. Should be a productive afternoon. Have a good weekend everyone!

Anne

jeffdonahue

I probably wont have internet access a good part of next week so my log will look like I am not running, I'll catch it up when I can.
                              So you are going to give me a false sense of hope all next week and then crush my dreams in one fell swoop when you get back??? FYI - same for me - huge week this week. I was in Florida and in the 5 days I was there I ran 40 miles, and that was with a 1.7 mile run yesterday. Still have to get my run in today and hoping to make it a little farther than that. Big grin

A Saucy Wench

So you are going to give me a false sense of hope all next week and then crush my dreams in one fell swoop when you get back??? FYI - same for me - huge week this week. I was in Florida and in the 5 days I was there I ran 40 miles, and that was with a 1.7 mile run yesterday. Still have to get my run in today and hoping to make it a little farther than that. Big grin
                                pfffft It is going to be HOT where I am going and the hills are murder and my mom lives on top of the highest hill. I'll be lucky to keep my streak going at all there.