A Mile A Day

Virus (Read 23 times)

jeffdonahue

What is the Quarantine backyard?

never mind, just looked it up - wow.  Were you required to be on video running the whole time for that?  Or could you go run around the block or something?

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

What is the Quarantine backyard?

never mind, just looked it up - wow.  Were you required to be on video running the whole time for that?  Or could you go run around the block or something?

Extremely delayed response....

re: Quarantine Backyard

It was honor system. I ran in my neighborhood, and came back at the end of each run to wait for the top of the hour to start the next.

The elites were also split, although I think the majority of them were on treadmills.

Dave Proctor was running on treadmill and spending some time talking to the video lurkers; I became a video lurker asking him question (via the youtube feed) after I stopped myself.

Matt Carpenter ran laps around the inside of a coffee shop in western Canada, due to, I think, kind of blizzardy weather outdoors, and we could see his entire route, as it was all in one room.

There was a guy in Qatar, I think, who ran loops around a couch in his living room. We could see his entire short loop.

Anna Carlsson ran on a frozen lake in northern Sweden; her crew took video of her running during one loop, which was beautiful--the dogs running out in front of her, through the track that had been plowed through the snow on the lake.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Reminds me of when I had to run around the inside of a B&B in Beirut to keep up my streak since we arrived in the middle of the night and it wasn't safe to run outside.  Sometimes I wonder if all the sharp turns contributed to my tendonitis I developed the next month.