A Mile A Day

quick streak ended (Read 245 times)

Start streaking again to build miles for my upcoming marathon. Damn ice under the snow forced/allowed me to end my streak at a measly 40 days. Blah.

Back at it again this morning.

Scary thing; I was tempted to run on a dreadmill to keep the streak alive. Argh.

Get off my porch

jeffdonahue

Scary thing; I was tempted to run on a dreadmill to keep the streak alive. Argh.

Nothing wrong with that - other than the fact that most of us hate treadmills.  I've done it.  in fact I did it three times this last weekend when we were up in Vermont.  The roads were too narrow and treacherous to run on so i just did a mile on the treadmill instead.

Ojo

Sorry you had to end the streak!

I feel horrible this morning and opted for my 1.25 loop -- in reality really stupid since I feel very dizzy and it is only 20 degrees out.  The things we do!  Blush

Sara

MM #2929

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Ice and snow is fun!

jeffdonahue

Around thanksgiving we were up in Vermont and there was already snow on the mountain.  I was running down one fo the roads that crossed over the ski trail (trails not open yet) and didnt realize that under the 2 inches of snow was a slick sheet of ice.  I went down really hard on my right shoulder. 

Snow and Ice can be fun if you are careful.  If you're stupid like I was it can be painful.

Ice = busted ass and snow is fun!

fixed.

Get off my porch

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Hah.  I ran in it twice yesterday.  A little sliding, but not bad.  COLD tho.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Hey Oldman, nice seeing you out in the snow this morning!

Back at you, good day for a runCool

The double loop of the 11.2 (no LL) is especially tough with the snow. Should have worn trail shoes. No falls, but oh so close on several occasions.

Get off my porch

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I was thinking about a double loop, but was happy with 14.  A pretty morning to be out!