A Mile A Day

United States Running Streak Association (Read 428 times)

Well, I hope I haven't just jinxed myself, but I am sending in my application for membership.  As of today, I have run 367 days.  I have run through a couple of head colds, through frigid temps where I went out with a face mask and looked like Ninja runner, through snow, rain, heat, before the birds were even singing and a few runs on 2 1/2 hours of sleep.  I have come to realize that some runs are good and some are bad regardless.  A day off doesn't make a difference in my running.  I no longer have to decide whether I want to run or not - I just decide how far I am going to go once I get out the door.  Sometimes I feel like a bottle of ketchup; I just need to shake my sluggish self up and then I start running real easy. (bad example,sorry) The year went by so fast and I hope I can keep it up.  Thank you for starting me on this streak.  It is the best thing I ever did for my running!
    Ojo

Yay Elisa!  So happy for you!  I did not apply to the Streak Association -- I'll have to check that out.  Hope your running continues to improve!  Enjoy!

Sara

MM #2929

Very cool, congrats

Ryan

jeffdonahue

Awesome job!  I'll keep an eye out for your name on their website.

Wow great job,  I am not even half way thru 1 year and can aready see what it take to run every day keep it up

Turning back the clock one mile at a time

jpdeaux

I just noticed that everyone in this thread from way back in May still has their streak going!

You guys impress me. Presently I'm cruising into my third season and aiming at the one year mark next March. I had a streak of 115 days or so going last year, but it fell to injury. This time I've been able to run through some aches and pains by slowing way down and accepting shorter runs.

I like that it's no longer a decision whether or not to run each day, just when and how far. When I ran a mile one night at 11:50pm in my jeans, I realized that this thing meant something to me. I try to keep those very late and one-mile days to a minimum!

Thanks for the motivation.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

... When I ran a mile one night at 11:50pm in my jeans, ..

Great job Smile

I've not run in jeans. But once when I'd figured I'd miss my run for the day, on the way home I thought of somewhere to run, and I pulled into a mall area, changed in my car, and ran around the parking lots to get a couple miles in before midnight. Heh.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

jpdeaux

I wonder who is more likely to have the police called on them, me running through my neighborhood in jeans like a prowler, or you circling the mall parking lot after hours like you're casing the joint? Both might require some explaining.

prowler - there's a funny word.