A Mile A Day

Weekly Check-in 06/22/09 (Read 274 times)

Jill_B

I fly.

Okay, my body does not want to cooperate.  My left foot started hurting yesterday during my long run.  I was worried about it this morning but for some reason it didn't hurt on my run but my left hip did.  It feels like a burning feeling on the side.  I am finding it hard to even think about cutting back but I suppose if it continues I just might have to.  I am hoping that my streak won't need to end!

How are you feeling?  I hope that cutting back a little helps.

Bring it on.

Not much to report this week - another week of low mileage / streak preservation.  This week is off to a better start with at least a substantive run last night albeit in the heat.  That provided enough motivation to get out this morning for a short run.

Congrats on the milestones!

jeffdonahue

Had to cut back today and do just a mile.  My quads are killing me.  Looking at my log I realized it has been about 8 days since I last took a rest day (meaning one or two miles).  On the up-side, the last 7 days were my highest mileage week ever at 71.5 miles.

Never mind the fact that it just wont stop freaking raining here.  I love running in the rain most days, but enough is enough - we are pushing 21 days ni a row almost right now and it is kind of de-motivating today.  So just a mile today and see what I can do tomorrow.

A Saucy Wench

I woke up this morning and my body said "fuck you" and i went back to sleep.  I have a couple small stretches today where I can get in something but certainly not the 12 I planned. 

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

jeffdonahue

I woke up this morning and my body said "fuck you"  

pretty much what mine said but it waited till I got out running in the rain before it said that.

A Saucy Wench

pretty much what mine said but it waited till I got out running in the rain before it said that.

Well mine really said it yesterday in the middle of my run but I chose to slow down & carry on and then took the kids to costco, winco, new seasons, the CSA and to the pool where they both decided they wanted to jump in the pool over and over and over for an hour.  Neither of them can swim.  

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

celiacChris

3Days4Cure

I ran! 2 miles, but I did it. Much less tenderness in the ankle today, so I'll only do a mile and then try to slowly build back up to more normative mileage by the weekend. I'm back on the streak.

Chris
                PRs: 27:26 5k/ 49:52 5mi/ 58:17 10k/ 2:09:24 half/ 5:13:17 Full

Post-Bipolar PRs: 38:35 5k/ 1:09:34 8k/ 1:09:39 5mi/ 1:33:03 10k/ 3:20:40 Half

2022 Goals

Back to 10k

celiacChris

3Days4Cure

I woke up this morning and my body said "fuck you" and i went back to sleep.  I have a couple small stretches today where I can get in something but certainly not the 12 I planned. 

Yuk! Sorry to hear that!

Chris
                  PRs: 27:26 5k/ 49:52 5mi/ 58:17 10k/ 2:09:24 half/ 5:13:17 Full

Post-Bipolar PRs: 38:35 5k/ 1:09:34 8k/ 1:09:39 5mi/ 1:33:03 10k/ 3:20:40 Half

2022 Goals

Back to 10k

I am feeling good this week. Have been running everyday and going to PT. The therapist has been working on my sartorius (near quad) which seems to be strained, but it is feeling good lately. I am really looking forward to the RnR marathon this weekend.

I haven't gotten my run in yet today because like Ennay's, my body also told me to fuck off this morning. Actually I think it did but I don't even remember my alarm going off...I just woke up 2 hours later than planned. Whoops.

~Sara
                    It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great. ~ Jimmy Dugan

I ran! 2 miles, but I did it. Much less tenderness in the ankle today, so I'll only do a mile and then try to slowly build back up to more normative mileage by the weekend. I'm back on the streak.

Nice job Chris. Hope the recovery continues!

~Sara
                      It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great. ~ Jimmy Dugan

We are in the midst of a heat wave down here and it is starting to get old.  Temps routinely 95-105 with the heat index pushing it to 110 plus.  I'm hitting up the treadmill tonight...tired of the heat and humidity.  I hate to see what August is going to be like.

Jeff...want to send some of that rain down here? Smile

Top 'O the World!

our heat isn't quite that bad...getting into the upper 80's/low 90's lately...is one of the reasons I'm trying to get up earlier...pre-dawn is the coolest temps of the day....& I run w/a big black dog who also doesn't do so well in higher H&H
                          Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
                          jeffdonahue

Jeff...want to send some of that rain down here? Smile

Believe me, if I could I would.  I do hear that we are supposed to see some shiny yellow thing in the sky this afternoon.  I wonder what that could be.  But, forecasts say it is just peaking it's head out for a moment and then plans to head south again for another week.

jeffdonahue

Day 1: run 1 mile

Day 2: run 2 miles

Day 3: run 3 miles

Day 15: run 15 miles

how long can you keep THIS streak going?

I have to say I am intrigued by this idea right now - trying to work out the logistics of it.  That gets to be some serious mileage if you tried to go to 30 days to fill up your graph.

Week 1 - 28 miles (pretty easy I think)

Week 2 - 77 miles (not too bad, it would be my highest mileage week ever but definitely doable)

week 3 - 126 miles (that's a lot of miles, but the last day is 21 miles which I have done so I think this is possible)

week 4 - 175 miles (now we're talking some serious issues with completing days)

week 5 - 59 miles for the last two days to make 30 days - very doubtful.

I think, run slow enough that it could be possible.  But then you run into time issues because running at 10 minute miles you are looking at almost 30 hours of running in that fourth week.

Also, in order for me to make that (just time-wise) I would have to at least double, if not triple in the later days.  So for clarification, are doubles allowed?  I guess since there are no written rules, i can just count them.  Still thinking about it....

A Saucy Wench

hmmmm...it is 3:30 and I still havent run today.  This could be a problem.