A Mile A Day

THE END OF MY STREAK (Read 208 times)

q day

A Mile a Day Friends, I must report that I am not going to run today. I've been disappointed in my running for quite a while now and I've decided not to run until I really want to run again. I have loved this personal challenge and have no regrets. Jeff, thank you for being an excellent and inspirational leader! I wish all of you the best! Darrin Young Streak days: 1,020 Dates: 24 June 06 - 8 Apr 09 Miles run: 5,734.3 Average pace: 7:53 Old record: 381 Best day of Streak: Day 668, 1st Boston Marathon Hardest day to run: Day 500, day after New York City Marathon Why I started: To get in shape for my 40th Birthday. Why I stopped: Too many demands on my time! To look forward to a run again. Will I break this streak in the future: Yes! God willing.

"If you always do, what you've always done; you'll always get what you've always got."

Wingz

Professional Noob

Wow. Darrin, you've been an inspiration to all of us here in the group. I hope you find your running mojo again soon... but even more I hope you always enjoy whatever you choose to do. ps - thanks for giving someone else a chance to catch your record... though it'll take a while to do! Tongue

Roads were made for journeys...

Sorry to hear the streak ended. Congratulations to you on your outstanding running achievement! Best wishes as you get your running mojo back!
          I can appreciate this reasoning. I've been mostly disappointed in my running for the last 10 months, and I think it has caused me to push myself when my body was not willing, resulting in 3 months out of the 7 in physical therapy. I'm using the running streak mentality while I'm building mileage to have a more realistic backstop for my running (run every day) instead of hard mileage and pace requirements (I must run 40, 50, 60 miles per week by X). MTA (premature posting) Congratulations on the streak. May you find a new reason to run again.
          Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Damn. Undecided Good job on the streak! Recover well. (The day is not over yet Wink)
            Ojo

Darrin: Your streak is truly inspiring! I think the bottom line is that we all have to be true to ourselves and we should always enjoy the running. When running becomes a chore that we dread there is no point to it. I am positive you will come back when you are ready. Good luck!

Sara

MM #2929

Running around the ship

sissy...
                Jill_B

I fly.

Wow. Congrats on a terrific streak... Good luck to you!

Bring it on.

sissy...
                    Mike said it all. Tongue Hell of a streak! Hope you find the passion again soon.

Ryan

jeffdonahue

Wow. Darrin, I was shocked to see this today. I have been kind of out of it for a few days doing stuff for my grandmother's 95th birthday. But first and foremost I want to say thank you. It truly has been inspiring having someone in the group that had already been through a lot of what we were all going through for the first time. And having you as a sounding board has really helped to get me through a few tough times. I wish you the best in your life and in your running again, and be sure to stop by now and again (we may still have questions Wink ). And we look forward to seeing you start up again. Good luck. I really do hope that running becomes fun for you again. Jeff
                      Pammie

Darrin - just read this today. Sorry to hear the news But well done on your achievements so far a real inspiration. and it takes a real man to know when to call it a day rather than carrying on. i'm sure you'll be back. After all runnings meant to be enjoyed
                        KvnJns

Darrin - just read this today. Sorry to hear the news But well done on your achievements so far a real inspiration. and it takes a real man to know when to call it a day rather than carrying on. i'm sure you'll be back. After all runnings meant to be enjoyed
                          What she said. plus congratulations on a giant accomplishment

Kevin

jeffdonahue

Looks like Darrin has actually quit the group completely. He is not on the member list any more. I kind of hoped he would hang around even though he wasnt streaking any more. Sad