A Mile A Day

Weekly Check-in 09/28/09 (Read 280 times)

Sweet!  I'll be there.  I'm the one on the right in my avatar.  :-)  Probably wearing a blue sleeveless shirt and black running skirt.  Middle of the pack-ish.  Actually a much better pic of me (although I won't NEARLY look that "nice") on my blog.

http://www.runningnotes.net

Sorry for the late reply.  I just got back from vacation.  Very tough running in humid weather and like an idiot I picked the hottest part of the day to go out for my runs. My half marathon training was good and now it is not so good but I will muddle my way through.  I am not sure what I will be wearing but I hope to wear my Half Marathon Fanatic T-shirt.  Otherwise, it is weather-dependent. Hope to catch up with you all. 
        90 days for me today and I'm still training for Niagara Falls International Marathon on 10/25, my first marathon.  Last week was my highest mileage week ever - 60 miles and after my long run of 20 this weekend, I'll head into taper madness - my family won't know what him them!

Today was day one for me. Have to start somewhere. Smile
          jeffdonahue

Sweet!  I'll be there.  I'm the one on the right in my avatar.  :-)  Probably wearing a blue sleeveless shirt and black running skirt.  Middle of the pack-ish.  Actually a much better pic of me (although I won't NEARLY look that "nice") on my blog.

Kathy,

I looked around but there were quite a few blue shirts out there.  But judging by the picture you have in your avatar/profile now, we were really close to each other (at least when standing in line).  I was about 15 feet to your right standing on the sidewalk just before the corner.  Looks like you had a good race - PRing at 2:01.  I was running with a friend, so you passed us pretty early.  She did great - went out too fast, but hung in there and finished around 2:52.

Her husband ran with the 10mpm pace group for a while and finished in around 2:09 for his first HM.

Even though I didnt race it, it was a good run and it gave me an itch to do a race, so I am thinking about running the Hyannis Half marathon in February.

Did you see the barefoot guy with the crazy beard?

Jeff

I saw the bearded, barefoot runner. He was walking a lot. And yet at one point he got ahead of me. I think I passed him finally and never saw him again. 13.1 miles with no shoes is nuts. Heard a few runners having a conversation about barefoot running.
              jeffdonahue

I have been doing some barefoot running lately but can only do about a mile and a half before the bottoms of my feet get tender - still trying to build up some tolerance I guess.  Maybe I'll run that race barefoot next year

I didn't see the barefoot bearded runner.  My first half (Seacoast 2008), I saw a guy run the half with Vibrams.  And lots of 5ks and 10ks recently, I've noticed barefoot runners.

And funny about where you were standing.  I MUST have looked at you and didn't realize it.  I like looking around a lot while waiting for a race to start.  Funny.  Next time we'll have to post pics with planned outfits! 

http://www.runningnotes.net

jeffdonahue

I think I should have just made an RA sign - it seems there were quite a few of us up there last weekend.