A Mile A Day

sluggish (Read 110 times)

UGH...I've been a little sluggish lately. My motivation to run has been down as well. I figure it is just a slump I am going through and I'm trying to run my way through it. The summer is about to end and my wife will be going back to school so I'll be on a better schedule...I figure that will help. I am also going to look for some newer courses away from my neighborhood.
    jeffdonahue

Feeling the same way myself - which sux because I have a 20 miler coming up this weekend and it is going to take all my mental capacity to get through it. Today I did some 1 mile repeats (6 out of the 7 planned). I almost scrapped it completely but I do attribut my streaking to the fact that i was able to get out of bed at 4:50 AM this morning and go out and do what I did. Especially after being up till 1:00 watching the Olympics (man, I am addicted, but these late nights are killing me). Cool
        I am with you on the Olympics...watching all these sports I know so little about. I'm learning though and its been cool!
          I signed up to join a local running club, and with that, will sign up to join their marathon training program. I think that will motivate me for the longer runs especially.

Oh Mighty Wing

Me too! The local running thing sounds great! I think I might look into this as well!
            jeffdonahue

That actually might be part of my problem right now. I havent been running with my runnign club as consistently as I was a month or two ago. Just cant figure out why - aside from being able to get my butt out of bed because they run at 5:45 AM every morning.
                I feel like I am getting throught his slump. I have a 10 miler schedled for tomorrow so we'll see how that goes.

Oh Mighty Wing

i'm going to be taking a break from the streaking. And giving myself those two days back. I started crying 2 miles into a 13 mile run... that is where the run ended. The friend I was running with thinks maybe 7 days with this being my first marathon is too much. So i'm gonna try a week or two with some days off and see if that solves the problem.
                    Were you tired or hurting when you started that run? Either way, best of luck to you in your marathon training. Keep your eye on that goal and don't worry about the streaking.
                    jeffdonahue

Sorry to hear it, but do what you need to to keep running (even if it means not streaking). Good luck with your marathon. Jeff
                      jeffdonahue

On another note, I did have a good 20 miler yesterday. I was pretty tired, having not gone to bed until 2:30 because tehre was a bat in the house that I had to get rid of, and then after that my wife was a nervous wreck over ti for a few hours. But I started off slow, and got through it in pretty good shape (though last night I was completely wiped out and crashed around 9:00). Only mistake I made was that my last leg was about 7 miles with no water or GU - I wont do that again.

Oh Mighty Wing

Were you tired or hurting when you started that run? Either way, best of luck to you in your marathon training. Keep your eye on that goal and don't worry about the streaking.
                          I was tired. Not hurting though. I'm just tired. Very very tired. thank you for the well wishes. I will certainly hang around here since I have every intention of getting back to streaking at some point! It might just have to be after November.
                          Wingz

Professional Noob

It's really hard to give up something like streaking, but you're probably making the right choice. Rest up, re-find your enthusiasm, and then decide if you want to start again. You had a good "run" there. Good luck with your marathon!!!

Roads were made for journeys...