A Mile A Day

Does streaking work? (Read 277 times)

Sounds like it's working for ya... Cool Congrats on the new PR's!

Roads were made for journeys...

A Dance with Monkeys

Day 106. No speed work. Streaking and the relentless consistent application of daily miles. 1 mile race. On a track. 83.5, 92.5, 92.8, 91.6 (6:00.37) That is 10 seconds faster than McMillan would predict based on recent races, and 30-40 seconds faster than I have ever run a mile. Felt good.
        Nice race Trent. RAcing on a track I think is way harder than doing it on the road - all you have to think about is how many laps you still have left. I do a 2 miler every November at my old High School and it is brutal every year - never mind the fact that I usually get lapped.
          Trent's an animal! Cool

Roads were made for journeys...

Congrats, great race!
            Ryan
              I have never raced on a track. Those lap times are moving right along. Do you think the 83.5 first lap hurt your overall time? The last three were very consistent.

A Dance with Monkeys

Do you think the 83.5 first lap hurt your overall time?
                Totally. The pack went out way too hard. I recognized it immediately, but could not get myself to let them go until about 200 meters in, which I hit in 37 or so seconds.

q day

Sub 6 coming soon! Great job! D

"If you always do, what you've always done; you'll always get what you've always got."