A Mile A Day

1 Year! Congratulations Jeff! (Read 95 times)

q day

It's weird to be thinking about someone you don't know, but that is exactly what I was doing this morning as I made breakfast. I knew that you hit a year today, so I logged on to read about your run! Nothing yet, so I'll check again later. "the secret of success is constancy of purpose" - by?...someone else. Congratulations on your accomplishment, and thanks for the leadership on this site! Streak on! Darrin

"If you always do, what you've always done; you'll always get what you've always got."

Pammie

Well done Jeff - truly awesome Happy new year
      jeffdonahue

Hi guys, Thank you - sorry for the delay in posting but we were actually away on vacation at an indoor water park. I wa able to get my run in this morning - a windy, hilly four miler but it felt great. Plus, I had an epiphany while running it this morning. I have been trying to come up with a goal for next year and have been coming up empty and it has really been affecting my runs. My motivation has been down and the runs just havent felt as good. A lot of days the only thing getting me out the door was trying to get to the one year mark. But while I was running I was thinking about all the people on Runningahead and how much advice and support I have gotten from everyone here. Then it came to me as I remembered some of the better runner's running logs - some of those guys that are throwing down 400 mile months while I maxed out this year around 200. So my new goal for 2009 is going to be to reach a 100 mile week. My farthest this year was somewhere around 55 miles. I think this will force me to slow down a bit in my training and get a lot of long base running miles in, thus making me stronger, thus making me faster. I had also been thinking about when I finally broke 20:00 in the 5K this year, which just happened to come after about 2 months of straight 50 mile weeks. Thanks again for all your support. I am going ot print out and fill out my paperwork to get my name on the www.runeveryday.com website tomorrow. I still havent decided if I am going to continue the streak indefinitely but I will keep going for a bit more at least (and hell, if I'm going for 100 miles I am pretty sure I will have to run every day while building up to that). Talk to you soon - I'm going to go have a celebratory beer now. Big grin Jeff
          Awesome job Jeff...congrats! Very inspiring as I try to start a new streak! Smile
            Congratulations

Running around the ship

Great Job Jeff!! Good luck with the new goals! Mike
                Congrats, Jeff! You're an inspiration to me, as I get my new streak off the ground. Good luck for the coming year! Paul