A Mile A Day

What is your Easter streak total? (Read 308 times)

jeffdonahue

Happy Easter Everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just reached 826.  What is your total this Easter?

I also realized I have reached 7,500 miles as a lifetime total (most of that run in the last 2.5 years).

Have a great day and

Streak on!

Ojo

507 for me! 

Feeling pretty good with only minor aches and pains.  Getting ready for marathon #6 the first weekend in May.

Happy Easter to all!

Sara

MM #2929

I stand at a very proud 13 days!  Feeling a bit sore, so I will only try for a mile today... if I am still sore tomorrow I might take a day or two off.

94 days for me, last year did 127 days this year goal is for a year, Had nice run this morning 41 degrees cloudy

lite breeze real nice morning to be out.

Turning back the clock one mile at a time

My current streak is now up to 175 days and 1704 miles.
              380 days today, but my streak is in jeopardy due to a hamstring strain.  I limped through 1.3 miles today, but not sure it is a good idea.  Some days I can run 3 with minimal discomfort, and other days it is just tight and sore.  I am seeing a great PT and doing my exercises, so hopefully I can continue to run a little until I get back to normal. 

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Today was day 327 with a total of 5492 miles overall since I started running.  I had lofty goals today of going out for a 10 miler but I barely managed 6.  I ran my farthest yesterday (over 14 miles) than I have run since marathon training 2 years ago, so today I think I was still tired.  Last night my husband brought home a pint of Ben and Jerry's ice cream and I didn't even want it.  Streaking has definitely helped control my eating. 
                Seanv2

Easter was my 47th consecutive day of running. My yearly total so far is 281 miles (though some of those were run before I started streaking).

I have to say that the running streak has helped me immensely in being consistent with my running. I credit it with both losing (a little) weight and getting (a little) faster.

I'm really looking forward to hitting fifty days this week!

Have you qualified for Boston? I want to interview you!

Message me!

www.miloandthecalf.com

Easter I was at 93 days and 342.5 miles for the year

PR's
                    800: 2:38|1600: 5:18|3200: 11:55|3 mile:19:07

Seanv2

The runners in this community are a real inspiration to me. I wrote this little thing up for my blog, I figured I'd share it here as well. Thanks to Jeff for managing this community, and to everyone working on a running streak.

First, I over slept. Then, I had to work late, but finally, late last night, I headed out the door for five miles and reached little mini milestone. I had run fifty days in a row.

I know streaking is a controversial topic in the running community. People think running distances of less than three miles is a waste of time, or people think it may increase your risk of injury. Maybe both those things are true, but for me, building this running streak and making sure I get out the door and get at least a mile in no matter what happens has immensely helped my running.

It is only fifty days, nothing compared to the kind of streaks you see on runeveryday, or in this community, but I feel stronger, lighter, and faster. I feel prepared for my spring marathon and I feel certain that, barring some really calamitous event, there really is not excuse to not get out the door. For me, this has been a real revelation. I can’t wait to see how I am doing at 100 days.

Message me!

www.miloandthecalf.com

The runners in this community are a real inspiration to me. I wrote this little thing up for my blog, I figured I'd share it here as well. Thanks to Jeff for managing this community, and to everyone working on a running streak.

First, I over slept. Then, I had to work late, but finally, late last night, I headed out the door for five miles and reached little mini milestone. I had run fifty days in a row.

I know streaking is a controversial topic in the running community. People think running distances of less than three miles is a waste of time, or people think it may increase your risk of injury. Maybe both those things are true, but for me, building this running streak and making sure I get out the door and get at least a mile in no matter what happens has immensely helped my running.

It is only fifty days, nothing compared to the kind of streaks you see on runeveryday, or in this community, but I feel stronger, lighter, and faster. I feel prepared for my spring marathon and I feel certain that, barring some really calamitous event, there really is not excuse to not get out the door. For me, this has been a real revelation. I can’t wait to see how I am doing at 100 days.

So well put.  You hit the nail on the head with why the streak is not an obsession but a stimulus to feeling good by just getting out the door every day.  As Jeff D. once said:  if you take one day off, it leads to two and then a whole week off.  Then you feel lousy about yourself.  Thank you for such a succinct description.

Seanv2

As Jeff D. once said:  if you take one day off, it leads to two and then a whole week off.  Then you feel lousy about yourself.

Exactly. When I started trying to run more seriously, I was amazed at how easy it was for me to come up with excuses to not run - it was too late, i was too tired, blah blah blah. Now, it is going to have to be a pretty serious reason for me to miss a run.

Message me!

www.miloandthecalf.com

jeffdonahue

Well said by both of you.

I tend to look back now and think about what I have run through.  Here's a small list of tough times when I ran.

The Flu

Plantar Fascitis

Sprained Toe (still have that a bit too)

Twisted ankles

Blizzards

10.5 inches of rain in 3 days (last month up here in the Northeast)

I have run with shoes, without shoes.  Hell, I even did one run in my jeans because I couldnt find my running shorts.

My latest run was at 11:45 when I went to Denver a few years back.  I got in around 9:30 but the people I was with wanted to eat.  By the time we got back to the hotel it was 11:30, so I did a quick mile with stomach full of pasta and a slight buzz from the 2 beers I had had at dinner.

Earliest run - 12:30 AM.  I was up and the next day was scheduled to be just a one miler.  So I dressed and headed out the door and got it done.

At this point, I am with Sean.  It would take somethign pretty serious to get me to not go for my run.

Currently I am looking at maybe taking another week off (which means a week of one milers) because my running just feels crappy right now.  After the sprained toe a few weeks ago, nothing has felt right.  I am hyper-aware of how my shoes dont seem to fit right.  I have tried several different ways to tie them, but the pains keep moving.  First it was pain on the top of my foot - about mid-way down.  Now, the pain is more where my ankle and foot connect.  I just cant seem to figure it out.  And it also ALWAYS feels like my toe is pressing against the front of my shoe - even thoguh I have checked a hundred tiems and I actually have a good 1/2 of space down there.

Sorry, this post moved into griping.

Streak On

Jeff

Have you tried barefooting with the bum toe?
                              mlybrand

I am a little past Easter now, but my total is 626 days.  I am now at 7 miles a day since the time change...