A Mile A Day

Benefits of Streaking! (Read 148 times)

q day

I was called last week by a reporter who had come across the United States Running Streak Association website and noticed I was the only member here in Columbia, Missouri. The day she interviewed me just happened to be the day MBurlingame came down to run his first race. Hope you enjoy the article! Streak on! Darrin http://www.columbiamissourian.com/stories/2008/06/07/streak-runner-takes/

"If you always do, what you've always done; you'll always get what you've always got."

Oh Mighty Wing

That is VERY cool!!
        That is good stuff. Thanks for posting the link.
          That's just fantastic man, congratulations. How often do you resort to the treadmill? Do you think it's possible to have a long streak without use of one?

"The drops of rain make a hole in the stone, not by violence, but by oft falling." - Lucretius

VERY cool article Darrin!
            jeffdonahue

Very nice article there. I am going to have to check to see if I am the only Melrosian that will be listed on the site in about 200 days Big grin

q day

That's just fantastic man, congratulations. How often do you resort to the treadmill? Do you think it's possible to have a long streak without use of one?
                I don't know if a treadmill is necessary for a streak, but I sure know that it helps. Yesterday, for instance, it was so hot I just couldn't get motivated to run, but after watching my wife jump on the treadmill (under a ceiling fan in our 72 degree a/c'd home) and run 7 miles, I simply followed suit. There are many other times that I think having one is ideal, but necessary, I don't know. The Raven of southbeach hasn't needed one for his many decade long streak, but he doesn't ever deal with heavy snow!

"If you always do, what you've always done; you'll always get what you've always got."

Oh Mighty Wing

Young - your link is no good. Just so you know.
                    Young - your link is no good. Just so you know.
                    Works for me

"The drops of rain make a hole in the stone, not by violence, but by oft falling." - Lucretius

Pammie

It is a great article, thanks for showing it First time i clicked i couldn't see the link, but then it worked later

Oh Mighty Wing

Works for me
                        oh I meant the one in your profile and signature... not the one to the article. Sorry!