A Mile A Day

Weekly Check-In 05/26/09 (Read 361 times)

A Saucy Wench

Whooooo nice run today.  Felt good.  Also felt hot...such a heat wimp I am.  I was considering going farther but I ran out of water and decided that was a sign.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

175 days,wow 

So that's why you all decided to talk it up in LLR.  So you could get us newbies! Well I fell for it and am glad I did.  Got my run in this morning & then we helped DD#2 move out of our house. Yeah! I'm exhausted but happy.  I get piece & quiet again.

Vicki

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I have a marathon on day 185, just past 1/2 year.  I look forward to it!
        jeffdonahue

Whooooo nice run today.  Felt good.  Also felt hot...such a heat wimp I am.  I was considering going farther but I ran out of water and decided that was a sign.

Ennay,

Are you training for anything right now or is this just your general "let's do really long runs for the hell of it" training.

I seriously thought that with the week I had I would gain more than the 3.5 miles I got on you this week.

A Saucy Wench

Ennay,

Are you training for anything right now or is this just your general "let's do really long runs for the hell of it" training.

I seriously thought that with the week I had I would gain more than the 3.5 miles I got on you this week.

I almost went 18 today on the premise that it would really tick you off.

I have a HM in 2 weeks that I have low expectations for, my pace is still way slow from last year

And I am basebuilding for my fall marathon - 16 is the top end of maintenance running for me.

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

jeffdonahue

I almost went 18 today on the premise that it would really tick you off.

I have a HM in 2 weeks that I have low expectations for, my pace is still way slow from last year

And I am basebuilding for my fall marathon - 16 is the top end of maintenance running for me.

If you had done 18, I think I would have killed myself - or at least injured myself by trying to double yesterday.

As it is, this should be a week for you to catch me - with the wife going away on Friday my mileage should be down from last weeks at least.  I hope to do what I can MOnday-Thursday (and Friday if I can get a run in before they leave), but the weekend will be short.  I am thinking about taking your advice and bringing the kids to the track to at least get a few miles in, but their attention span is not that long so I'm not sure how long they'll want to watch dad run around in circles.

have a good week.

Jeff

A Saucy Wench

I'm also gonna be front loading the week.  I have a weekend beach retreat this weekend.  I should be able to get SOME running in but I dont see a really long one happening, especially on Sunday when we have to be out of the house and on the road by 11 and no way dh will put up with me being gone for 2 days and then coming home and running.