A Mile A Day

Garmin GPS watches (Read 205 times)

I'm on the right

Hi everyone!  I was thinking of asking Santa for a Garmin Forerunner for the holidays.  I was curious if anyone has one, how they feel about it, and how accurate the mileage is.

Thanks!

Eric

I'm Eric, the guy who runs to keep his sanity.

I fly.

I have the 205 and LOVE it.  It's usually pretty accurate, but I run where there isn't much tree coverage - so that might be part of the reason mine works so well, I don't know.  I couldn't imagine not running with it now!

Bring it on.

In it for the long run..

I am addicted to mine and it is very accurate.  If you are in a big city with tall buildings, you will have some problems.  Otherwise, even with a pretty good tree cover, mine is great.  The 305 has a heart rate monitor, which is the one I have.  I would avoid the 405. 

"It's not who wins he workout..."

BANNED from the LLR (Ladies' Locker Room) forum at age 64.  Remember, folks, it's just running.

A Saucy Wench

I like the 205/305 series, honestly have not had any accuracy problems.  The 405 seems too glitchy.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Chicago RnR 1/2 Marathon

Love my 305. 

Anyone have any experience with the new 310 series?

The 4XX series ones seem too glitchy, I agree adn the I have heard teh bezel thingee is way too sensitive.  But the 310 says it has a 14 hour battery life, which sounds good and I liked the 305 functionality.  If the 310 is just a bit smaller, I might go with that.

In it for the long run..

I haven't heard much about the 310 yet, but that is what I would get if I were replacing the 305.  I have seen it, and it is not really smaller than the 305 - shaped a slight bit differently.  It looks nice, though. 

"It's not who wins he workout..."

BANNED from the LLR (Ladies' Locker Room) forum at age 64.  Remember, folks, it's just running.

mlybrand

Love, love LOVE my 305.  Too bad I can't really use it of late, since most of my running is indoors (got to run outside today though... God how I miss it).

Mark Smile

12 Monkeys

305 here.  Happy with it.

I adore my 305.  I've convinced at least four other people to buy them, and they've all loved it.

Actually, here's a link to my blog post about my love for my Garmin...

http://www.runningnotes.net/kbrown/runningnotes.nsf/d6plinks/KBRN-7RE3EX

http://www.runningnotes.net