A Mile A Day

1112 and done (Read 12 times)

Vertigo...that's what took me out.  I had never experienced it before and truthfully if I had gotten myself out of bed early and knocked my run out I would kept my streak intact.  I chose the comfort of 55 degrees over getting out there in the 30's.  Cut me some slack, I'm in Texas...Smile  Mid-morning the room started spinning and it made me nauseous to stand.  The texture on the ceiling looked like it was moving across the ceiling like clouds.  I have no idea what caused it and I've been fine ever since that day.   I tried to stay up late that day hoping I'd be able to get out there, it just didn't happen.

I started following this group a long time ago and dabbled in streak running here and there with one year always being the goal.  The closest I got was about 250 days and that streak was derailed after a long night out with friends.  At the end of 2018 I thought I'd give a year of running one more shot.  I ended up going just over three years which is more than I ever thought I could do or planned to do.

I loved the mindset that comes with streaking, the mindset that dictates you have to get out there everyday and get after it.  I found that mindset filtered into other aspects of my life.  It also made me a better planner.  The streak wasn't the most important thing in my life, but it was something that helped me orient my days.  I also learned to be grateful for the luck it takes to keep a streak going, where one wrong step could derail the whole thing.

I was pretty bummed when I realized it was over but not as bummed as I thought I'd be.  I think that's because I learned from it and it was more than just a number.  It has been nice having a few days off over the last two weeks.  I think I'll start another one...maybe today is day 1.

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Nothing wrong with ending a streak bc you were unwell. It just means you have a PR for streak days to try to beat later if you want to. Smile

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

jeffdonahue

Agreed - health has to come first.  Ojo is a great example of this.  She had a streak very close to yours when I believe she had to have surgery and ended it.  She took a little time off after to get healthy and is now up to over 10 years.

Hope you're feeling better now.

Nothing wrong with ending a streak bc you were unwell. It just means you have a PR for streak days to try to beat later if you want to. Smile

Ojo

So true!  I was surprised how easily I accepted stopping but maybe because it was a medical reason.

I am sure when the time is right you will start again  . . . I think streaking does get in your blood and drives you.  Best of luck and feel better!

Agreed - health has to come first.  Ojo is a great example of this.  She had a streak very close to yours when I believe she had to have surgery and ended it.  She took a little time off after to get healthy and is now up to over 10 years.

Hope you're feeling better now.

Sara

MM #2929