A Mile A Day

Streak over (Read 421 times)

Jill_B

I fly.

I'm ending my streak today.  It's been fun, but I'd like to start 2010 strong and rested.  Lately I'm not feeling either.  I want to give my hip a break and I'd really like to start my marathon training strongly come January.

Good luck!

Bring it on.

I hear you, Jill!  You had a great streak, but you are making the right decision.  Come back strong!

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Ojo

Good for you listening to your body!  And you should be proud of your streak!  Hope the hip feels better.

Sara

MM #2929

I purposely ended my streak yesterday, at 369 days.  I decided to streak at the beginning of last year in order to become more consistent with my running.  I've accomplished that.  This year, my goal of running 2000 miles for the year (I hit 1425 for 2009) should keep me consistent.  There were a couple of times this past year that I ran a mile to keep the streak alive when I probably should have just taken a day or two off, and if I let the streak get any longer, that pressure to continue would just get worse.  I may return at a later date, but for now, I'm moving on to other goals.

Happy Streaking to the rest of you!

Lorrie

Congrats to both of you on your streaks serving their purposes.  Best wishes on your future goals!
            jeffdonahue

Best of luck Jill.  Hope everything works out for you this year.
              AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Turned my ankle yesterday; streak ends.

I could probably go run 3mi, but it would be dumb, I think. Although my usual wont is to do the dumb thing, as far as running goes, this time I'm agonna refrain.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Ojo

Turned my ankle yesterday; streak ends.

I could probably go run 3mi, but it would be dumb, I think. Although my usual wont is to do the dumb thing, as far as running goes, this time I'm agonna refrain.

Sorry about your ankle! 

Sara

MM #2929

Yes, heal fast, and congrats on being smart enough to stop

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

mlybrand

Sorry to hear that, amores.  Sana, sana, colita de rana!!!

My streak continues strong (if mostly indoors).   Day 555 today...  I love those numerically significant ones Smile

Mark

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I guess I'm in again..... Smile

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

jeffdonahue

Sorry to hear that, amores.  Sana, sana, colita de rana!!!

My streak continues strong (if mostly indoors).   Day 555 today...  I love those numerically significant ones Smile

Mark

I know what you mean, i just had 777 here.

Ojo

I know what you mean, i just had 777 here.

Wow!  I am really hoping I can make it to 500!  Some days are harder than others!

Sara

MM #2929

jeffdonahue

Some days are harder than others!

Amen to that.  Yesterday only got the token mile in on the treadmill after a busy day of dress shopping with my daughters.

Off topic - dress shopping was hilarious because my two daughters (ages 12 and 6) are complete opposites.  The elder is a tomboy and hates shopping, she complained about every dress she had to try on.  The younger was so excited just to be out shopping and at the Mall that on the way home she said it was teh "Best Day EVER!!!""  She was even more excited when she got to use her very own credit card to buy some new sunglasses at Claires (it was one of those Visa Gift cards).