A Mile A Day

Weekly Check-in 06/01/09 (Read 282 times)

jeffdonahue

Well, I hit an all-time high for weekly mileage last week at 65 miles.  It felt good for most of the week, though this weekends runs were tough.

I think after 6 years of running I finally found my "Easy" pace.  I have always had trouble hitting any mileage above 50, and the 50s were hurting me.  turns out I may have just been going too fast.  I have been running my easy runs around 8:10-8:30 but this week I slowed down to closer to 9-9:30s and was able to go much farther.

Upcoming weekend will be tough.  This is the weekend my wife is away with my oldest daughter so not sure how much mileage I will get in Friday to Sunday, so my mileage might drop this week quite a bit.  I am also starting my 5K training so my focus will be on a few key speedwork sessions this week.

Milestones for this week:

Ojo - 200 days

favre3xmvp - 5 months

jugdish - 150 days

hstreet - 75 days

vkay - double digits

celiacChris - double digits

jb944 - double digits

Best of luck this week everyone - happy streaking!!!

Jeff

celiacChris

3Days4Cure

Jeff-- I'll need a reset. I blew it on Saturday, as I planned to run the trails after we closed the checkpoint I was volunteering at, but my flashlight was out of batteries.

Good running week for me otherwise, and I'm happy my mpw was consistently been increasing post-marathon. I'm sticking to this streak now, as I have some stupid plans for 2010 and need a 50mpw base to get there. I have a goal race on Friday (5k), so I don't expect to hit much past 30mpw this week with a mini-taper, but that's ok. 21 weeks till goal marathon, and then I can train for stupid.

Chris
      PRs: 27:26 5k/ 49:52 5mi/ 58:17 10k/ 2:09:24 half/ 5:13:17 Full

Post-Bipolar PRs: 38:35 5k/ 1:09:34 8k/ 1:09:39 5mi/ 1:33:03 10k/ 3:20:40 Half

2022 Goals

Back to 10k

Wingz

Professional Noob

Thanks for starting the thread, Jeff.  I always enjoy reading what everyone is up to.  Smile

Ran in my new Vibram FF's last week on the trail, and LOVED them!  I plan to do it again later in the week.  I'm also lovin' the streak counter on the home page, and this:

Big grin

Time to work on maintaining my consistency in the every-day runs again.  See if I can hold this new, slightly higher level...  Smile

Chris - I admire people who can run marathons without hurting themselves!  Good luck for 2010!

Roads were made for journeys...

jeffdonahue

That's a very pretty graph you have there Wingz.  Nice job.

I hit 20 today!  Whee!! 

I have been in a speed and motivation slump for a very, very long time.  The consistency that streaking provides is slowly bringing my pace back to where it should be and helping me remember why I started running in the first place.  As a bonus, my four-legged running partner is way less of an a-hole these days with the additional miles under her belt (collar?)

Jenny

I had a pretty good week last week except for yesterday.  I had planned to get in a long run last night, but yesterday evening I ended up at a friends house cooking out on the grill.  Several hours and several beers later I ended up running a mile in his neighborhood to keep my streak alive.  My streak stayed alive, but my mini streak of at least two miles a day ended.  I'll start that again.

I signed up to do a 60 mile bike ride for a diabetes fund raiser in sept, so I am starting to train for that.  It will be interesting incorporating the rides with my streak.  I'll ride 3-4 days a week.

Ojo

In spite of the my legs protesting yesterday, I managed to run 5 miles today in celebration of day 200!  I guess I am still trying to get my legs back -- I don't know how some people run multiple marathons!  I think maybe I will hang out with 14 mile long runs until I decide on a fall marathon.

Hope everyone has a good week . . . and congrats to those with milestones.

Sara

MM #2929

I had a high week (52) and month (216) for the decade.  My final 20 mile run before Grandma's was Saturday and I'm still feeling the hills and effort from that run.  Yesterday would have been a day off if it was't for THE STREAK!!

I, too, struggle with finding an easy pace.  I am working on slowing down, but I don't think I have slowed down enough.

Glad to see y'all (as we say here in Tennessee) hanging with it and re-starting if necessary.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

jb944

Chicago RnR 1/2 Marathon

Wingz - that's an impressive graph!  Great job.

I only ran 3 miles last week - caring for an injured mom and not willing to leave her alone.  Fortunately, she is doing better, and I can get out a little more.  I hope to start my streak tomorrow morning before she gets up.

I too am at 20 days.   The longest I ever went before was 21 days when I wasn't thinking about streaking.   I am doing most of my runs easy.  I know they say that if you do the same exercise all the time your body adapts and you're not getting the same benefit anymore, but I still feel running is better than not running.  I must be doing something good for my body.  At least I am doing something good for my mood.
                        Last week I ran 35 miles. Sunday (5/24) I did a 10 miler with miles 3, 4, 5, and 6 at tempo pace. Friday (6/1) I did 5 X 1K with 90 second jogging recoveries. The average of the kilometers were a a couple seconds slower than my goal 5K pace.

Good running everyone.

Wingz

Professional Noob

I too am at 20 days.   The longest I ever went before was 21 days when I wasn't thinking about streaking.   I am doing most of my runs easy.  I know they say that if you do the same exercise all the time your body adapts and you're not getting the same benefit anymore, but I still feel running is better than not running.  I must be doing something good for my body.  At least I am doing something good for my mood.
                          What's wrong with your body getting used to doing runs every day? 

Roads were made for journeys...

Nice work everyone and keep it up!

I celebrated day 150 by setting out for a 20 miler that turned out to be only 17.  It was cut short by a nasty stomachache at mile 14 after taking in a couple of Hammer Gels at mile 11.  It was something new I tried and will not use again!  I gutted out miles 15-17 before calling it a day three miles from home.  Mercifully my wife agreed to pick me up

The week was also a high for the year in terms of miles - 41.  As I look back on a week that had day 150, day 1 of the next 150, 41 total miles and a 17 mile run I have to say it was all good.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Hammergel gives me stomach aches too.  And nearly nothing gives me stomach aches.

Ran 3 miles barefoot on the track today.  It was good to be free!  Of course, now I have a blister per foot to show for it.  Gotta toughen them babies up.

May was good to me.  Last week was good to me.  Now it is time to start backing down.  Marathon in under 3 weeks...
                              AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Have you gone through those vibram things, or are you just jumping directly to barefoot? I was thinking of how painful a cinder track would be, but then I remembered technology -- rubber track?

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.