A Mile A Day

Weekly Check-in 06/01/09 (Read 282 times)

A Saucy Wench

If this is becoming the Barefoot Mile A Day group I'm outta here!

+1

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

I ran a little over a mile one time in my socks, but I was drunk and couldn't find my running shoes and it was just before midnight.  That is the extent to my "barefoot" running.  Smile  My feet hurt for the next few days and I haven't had the desire to do it since.
        The first time I ran barefoot on the treadmill, my wife came running down the stairs, yelling, "what the hell is going on down here!" She said it sounded like I was hitting the treadmill with a hammer. The next day I tried running with socks to lesson the noise, and ended up with blisters all over the place. I think I am a little quieter now, or everyone is getting use to it.
          Maybe barefoot on the beach but anywhere else is just insane in my mind.

A Saucy Wench

Turns out a lazy hungover drizzlly day at the beach is a good way to get some miles.  Ran 14 with some gals training for their first HM and then later was drowsy but couldnt nap and some slower girls were going for a short run so I did a bit more. Felt good

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7