A Mile A Day

Hurricane Ike (Read 165 times)

Well my streak ended during Hurricane Ike. I had an opportunity to get a run in that one day, but it slipped. A new streak shall start, possibly tonight. Everything is good to go here. Part of my fence got blown down in my backyard, but that was about it. My house is about 25 miles from the Galveston coast. I ended up evacuating to my brothers' townhome near Minute Maid Park in downtown Houston, about 55 miles off the coast. I couldn't make it back to my house for a couple of days, and have since been recalled by my guard unit. Time to start a new streak and continue marathon training. I think it has been 5 days since I ran last.

Oh Mighty Wing

Glad to hear you are ok! Recalled by the guard - what does that mean? I hope your run tonight goes well - but don't be surprised if you're a little creaky - I always seem to be after a couple days off.
        I'm in the Texas Air National Guard, and my unit recalled me for a week following the storm to help get the base back up and running. I haven't started my streak just yet...tonight though, after school...Smile

Oh Mighty Wing

Ok but i'm only giving you till friday to get back to it otherwise i'm going to start giving you dirty looks! (i may not be quite back, but I sure as heck can help keep you from becoming me!)
            You were right, getting back on the roads was a little more challenging than I thought. I did get back out there tonight, so I get to avoid the dirty looks on Friday...Smile

Oh Mighty Wing

Good I'm glad you got out there. It amazing how our bodies enjoy running when they do it, but they enjoy resting also!! I've run the last 2 days and it actually felt pretty good, but I've only run as far as I felt like running also. I'll be checking in on your the next couple of days till you hit that runners groove - sometimes the pressure this place helps with motivation! Big grin
                True that, and glad to see you back out there on the roads too! I signed up for a ten miler which I will run in two weeks...instant motivation! If all goes well, I should run a half marathon the week after that.

Oh Mighty Wing

ohh that's true!! I'm doing a 5k in two weeks and a 10K in December. So that should keep me moving - my goal would be to be half ready and go into the 10K strong. We shall see (all of it rides on how the whole baby thing goes) Regardless it gets me out there! And I'm glad it will get you out there too!!!

Oh Mighty Wing

I suck! Back to school night killed it! But you are doing great!!!

Oh Mighty Wing

JUG - what going on?? How you doing? you running??
                        I'm busted...nope...haven't been running much lately. I need to step it up. I've been on a non-running streak. Those seem to be easier to maintain...Smile How has your running been going?

Oh Mighty Wing

Same as yours. But I'm going today. I'm starting my running streak today. You should too! We can be eachothers motivation! Because seriously we should have awesomely long streaks it is weren't for your Hurricain and my melt down! So let's get back to it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                            Sounds good to me! I need a running accountability partner. I will stop by the gym and knock out a run on the treadmill on the way home from school tonight.

Oh Mighty Wing

I will go after I take the dog to the dog park! oh man i already feel the guilt of not running! This might be just what I need!
                                Well it wasn't much, but it gets me back on the board. I did enjoy my break, but am looking forward to getting back into a groove with my running. Tomorrow (Tuesday) I plan to run on my lunch break.