A Mile A Day

Weekly Check-in 04/06/09 (Read 195 times)

jeffdonahue

Holy Crap, I cant believe it's April already. Last week wasnt too bad. The ankle pain seems to be subsiding. I still kept the mileage low, hitting 21 miles for the week. I had hoped to get to 25 but it was more of a time issue than an ankle issue that kept me back at 20. Right now I am trying to figure out my workout plan for the upcoming week. I want to hit 25-30 miles this week but need to figure out the best way to do this. I still want at least 2 rest days but also want to try to get an actual long run in of 8 at the end of the week. Here is the general plan: Monday 5 Tuesday 1.5 Wednesday 6 Thursday 1.5 Friday 4.5 Saturday 1.5 Sunday 8 28 Also peculiar was yesterdays run. I started out the door at again what I thought was a nice easy pace, but came into the half mile mark at a sub-8:00 pace again. Mile one was 7:40ish. I didnt feel bad and it felt pretty easy so I kept going, picked it up a little in the middle thinking that my watch was off. But when I picked it up to what I thought was probably a 7:45 pace, my total run of 3.8 miles ended up being sub-7:30 pace. Again, it was a BEAUTIFUL day out and that may have had me pumped up a bit as I have been really down on running with all this snow we had this year, but I am trying ot not push the pace too much and strain my ankles right now. I still want a few more weeks of easy running before I get back into a normal training routine. How was everyone else's week? Jeff
      Adding 0.1 miles per day until I get back to the 60+ minute/day level. Monday 2.5 Tuesday 2.6 Wednesday 2.73 <-- 1="" mile="" at="" my="" 20+="" sec="" above="" my="" 5k="" pr="" pace="" from="" dec.="" thursday="" 2.81="" friday="" 2.9="" saturday="" 3.42=""></--><-- miscalculated route, ran some nice little strides in ther. sunday 3.1 20.1 miles for the week miscalculated="" route,="" ran="" some="" nice="" little="" strides="" in="" ther.="" sunday="" 3.1="" 20.1="" miles="" for="" the=""></-- miscalculated route, ran some nice little strides in ther. sunday 3.1 20.1 miles for the week>
      Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Wingz

Professional Noob

The taper begins.
        Uh oh... I think we all know what happens when Trent doesn't have enough to do... Shocked

Roads were made for journeys...

Wingz

Professional Noob

I'd hoped to bump up to 1.5 miles this week from 1.4, but the foot's still giving me problems. Went to the podiatrist on Thursday, and he put me in a kind of sports wrap for 3 days and told me to run on it. Big grin Worked fine for the first 12 or so hours I had it... I slept and then went to taekwondo. Sweated so much in tkd that it practically fell off. Tried to replace it myself, but was never sure if I had it right or not. Either way, the wrap I made along with the oddly placed cushion eliminated the neuroma pain but caused a lot of other foot pain. Today's run was after the 3 days, done without wrap, after work/walking most of the night. I was fine until mile 0.8... and then it started hurting with a vengeance. Sad Currently icing/ibuprofen. I think I'll be putting that wrap back on for at least a few more days... It was hard on my skin (tore a few holes in it!!!) but perhaps if I don't put that awkward cushion in it won't make the rest of my foot hurt. Staying on 1.4 miles/day this week. Hoping this doesn't get worse.

Roads were made for journeys...

Ojo

Good week for me. Had a great long run yesterday (21 miles) until I headed back home straight into strong, eye watering wind. Still feeling like the streaking is making me stronger because in the past running 10 miles into the wind would have killed me. My only hope for this week is that there might be a little less rain (although I know rain is good Big grin) Glad to hear everyone is doing well!

Sara

MM #2929

Uh oh... I think we all know what happens when Trent doesn't have enough to do... Shocked
              Don't forget the added insanity that is the taper itself.
              jeffdonahue

Once again I forgot to add the milestones for this week: racerunner1314 - 11 months runinBlack - 4 months jugdish - 3 months Wingz - 50 days albertoknox - 50 days Captain_Atom - double digits Strings_n_88keys - double digits Nice job everyone!!!!!
                Jill_B

I fly.

I'm hoping to run more outside than in this week. So far I've run 1x inside and 1x outside. Today will be inside. Less than 1 month until my half marathon. It will be the first 1/2 that I've run since March 2007, so I'm nervous. (Of course I'm always nervous before a race, so what's new with that?)

Bring it on.

Last week was my fourth, 35 mile week in a row. I did two hardish workouts. Neither of them went as I had hoped. One was a three mile tempo run (one mile warmup; two mile cool down = six total miles.) The pace of the tempo miles were 10 to 20 seconds per mile slower than previous efforts. The other workout was a set of 1K intervals. I wanted to do 5 X 1K; each a little slower than goal 5K pace, and then do four or five 40 second striders. Ended up stopping after four 1K's and didn't do the striders. The 1K's were 20 to 30 seconds slower than I wanted. This week is a cutback week. Going to run 30 slowish miles. I think it is good timing.
                      I ran my first 5K race of the season this past Saturday. I came away with a new PR!! And I ran 24 seconds faster than my goal time for this race!! My nerves were hell before the race since I hadn't raced since last year. I am glad it is under my belt and I am looking forward to the next 6 weeks to attempt more races including a goal race near the end of May. The week was a cutback for miles as I prepared for my race. I ended up with just over 45 Miles for the week. I did a couple of key workouts during the week. First, a tempo run for 4 miles on Monday. Second, I had my first speed workout session of the year with a 6 X 400M with 200M jogging recoveries. I ended up doing this workout on the treadmill due to the ridiculous and unrelenting winds of late. In other news, my wife (who you may remember I talked into streaking) has now shifted from merely streaking to an official training plan. This is a big step for her so I am proud of her for taking it on. We have a laugh when she says "You have no idea how my legs feel" after her hard runs. To which I reply, "Yes, yes I do." She has a goal race planned for early June.

Ryan

jeffdonahue

Nice job
                        KvnJns

Last week= Good. This week = BAD, my streak has ended due to work related trip. 2 days in a row of not running. I will try and fix the graph later today, but first I must run this morning.

Kevin

jeffdonahue

Last week= Good. This week = BAD, my streak has ended due to work related trip. 2 days in a row of not running. I will try and fix the graph later today, but first I must run this morning.
                            Wow, that sucks. you had a good run going there too. Well, just think - now you have a goal to try to beat your longest streak. Good Luck.
                              Not much for me lately. My streak is still active, but I ran some low mileage this past week and a half. I've got some things on my plate that have been making running more of a challenge lately, however I'm still committed and running through them.