A Mile A Day

Nine (Read 17 times)

Intentionally Blank

I invited some of my work running buddies to run with me at lunch to mark the occasion. Someone must have said something to the boss, because she announced my streakiversay at our Thanksgiving meal. It was embarrassing and gratifying at the same time.

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

WohooO! Any big thoughts on nine?

Did you think you would streak so long?

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

Intentionally Blank

Not at all! I did a holiday streak challenge, and then decided to keep going. I thought about stopping after a year. At five years, I mentioned to my family that it seemed like a good stopping point, and they said, but why?

I’m only a recreational jogger. If I can do this, anyone can.

Marylander

That is awesome, congratulations!

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Not at all! I did a holiday streak challenge, and then decided to keep going.

I hear that. Mine was a holiday streak and then it became a habit. Smile

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

nimble

Congrats to you!

jeffdonahue

Congratulations!!!  Nine years is amazing and I say keep going.  You'll know when stopping is right (if ever).

Super congratulations.  What an accomplishment.  As I say- it means that for 9 years you haven't been too sick or injured to run!

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Ojo

Congratulations!

Sara

MM #2929

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Not at all! I did a holiday streak challenge, and then decided to keep going. I thought about stopping after a year. At five years, I mentioned to my family that it seemed like a good stopping point, and they said, but why?

I’m only a recreational jogger. If I can do this, anyone can.

A couple of months belatedly, CONGRATULATIONS!

Funny, now my family seems more vested in my streak than I am myself.  They make sure I do my daily run, even if circumstances suggest that this might be a good day to drop the streak.