A Mile A Day

resets? (Read 261 times)

jeffdonahue

That should actually be 6/24/2006
    Oops. Changed. And wow, it just dawned on me that you are going to hit your 2 year anniversary next week. Congratulations.

q day

Thanks Brett for catching that 2008/2006 typo. And he would know, since he was with me on that 1st run almost two years ago! As a matter of fact, the 2 year mark is tomorrow! I just got back from a Vacation and the first thing I did was enter my runs. I used my Garmin each day, and it was neat to see my courses mapped in other towns, and along the beach. Although I love Vacations, they sure are tough on streaks. One run started at 4:58am and another (last night) was done at 11:10pm, after driving for over 17 hours. It's good to be home, and the run tomorrow will be on familiar ground. Just the way I like it! I've caught up on all the new posting on the forum and I will agree that as the streak gets longer, it gets easier. There are tough days, as I've just mentioned, but overall, it's just like "brushing your teeth" (for 20-30 minutes). Streak on friends! D

"If you always do, what you've always done; you'll always get what you've always got."

According to people's logs, here are the current start dates - NA indicates that I either dont have access to the log (2 members) or they dont have any discernable streak going currently that I can see in the log. Captain Atom NA I think he may have told us he was stopping .
        That's right, Jeff! I did stop, but I wanna start again. My new start date: June 27, 2008. Thanks! Paul

El Presidente

After extending my streak to its longest point ever (114 days), I took a few days off this week. So Jeff, when you get a chance, you can start me back up on June 28, 2008. Thanks.

"I train conservatively so that I can race recklessly."

After extending my streak to its longest point ever (114 days), I took a few days off this week. So Jeff, when you get a chance, you can start me back up on June 28, 2008. Thanks.
            Did you make any cash for taking the dayoff? Clowning around

"The drops of rain make a hole in the stone, not by violence, but by oft falling." - Lucretius

El Presidente

Did you make any cash for taking the dayoff? Clowning around
              No. But it sure was nice to sleep in for three straight days.

"I train conservatively so that I can race recklessly."

Running around the ship

Hey Captain...glad to have you back!! What have you been doing with yourself? Mike
                  Hey Captain...glad to have you back!! What have you been doing with yourself? Mike
                  Thanks, Mike! Great to be back! Well, I cut down running to play around with cross-training, and to figure out this running game. I also ran my first race in May (10k). Turns out, when I was running every day I DID have the running game (mostly) figured out. So I'm back, doing a bit of cross-training AND running every day. I really missed it. Paul
                  jeffdonahue

I'll make the changes to the chart on monday when I get to work. Glad to have you back Captain. Jeff
                      Thanks, Jeff! Here's hoping this time I can keep the streak going for at least a year. Cheers, Paul
                        Bless me Father for I have sinned...... So here is my song and dance--- I ran a 30km long run on Sunday, Worked on Monday (Which requires walking about 10km carrying a mailbag), played Tennis Monday evening. When I got home around 10pm I thought, tomorrow morning I have to run Hills....EARLY, because of family holiday stuff. I knew I was going to breakoff the string at 89 days. I wasn't even going to get my $50, but wait I had an idea. I said to my wife, "Darn I have to go to the ATM machine for cash so I can fill the gas tank, you wouldn't happen to have 50?" Sure she says Wink. I'l start a new streak when my marathon training has ended. I never thought running even just 1 mile everyday would be this difficult, goodluck guys.........I'm not leaving just taking a break Big grin

"The drops of rain make a hole in the stone, not by violence, but by oft falling." - Lucretius

Oh Mighty Wing

Captain - welcome back! Backstretch- good luck with training!
                          Dutchie42

I keep trying to run every day, but it just didn't happen. I'm trying since Monday again. So you could reset me to 30 June.

Dutchie
                            Run the day, or the day runs you.

Jeff, Please reset me. For some strange reason I decided to show my streak who was boss. So my streak ended at 188 days. So please reset me to today (7/8/2008) Thanks. Second Nature

Oh Mighty Wing

Second Nature - So who won?