A Mile A Day

Anyone else find... (Read 93 times)

jeffdonahue

that it seems to get easier to keep the streak going the farther you get into it? First off is that running every day is now just part of my routine, I dont even really have to think about it any more. But second, and probably even more important, is that I find myself getting out on the hard days because I realize all the time I have put into building up to my 170+ days and realizign that I will have to start over if I miss a day. Just my note for those that have had to start their streaks over - I think that the farther into it you get, the easier it is to find the time to throw in a mile when you just need to get it in.
    Pammie

Oh absolutely, its like brushing your teeth, or combing your hair (ok daft analogies) You don't have to think about it, you just do it. The only thing you have to decide is how far shall i go today? I've had to restart a couple of times but this is the furthest i've gone and feeling pretty good.
        I'm currently following a marathon training program (week 6) it called for a dayoff last Monday Big grin. NO WAY went out and did 2.6km. Not that the streak is more important than the Marathon I'm training for, but an easy couple of Km's sure wasn't going to change anything. So I wasn't about to stop.

"The drops of rain make a hole in the stone, not by violence, but by oft falling." - Lucretius

jeffdonahue

I'm currently following a marathon training program (week 6) it called for a dayoff last Monday Big grin. NO WAY went out and did 2.6km. Not that the streak is more important than the Marathon I'm training for, but an easy couple of Km's sure wasn't going to change anything. So I wasn't about to stop.
          I am in marathon training right now and that is pretty much what I do - any day that calls for a complete day off becomes a 1-2 miler day for me, nice and easy, nothing taxing on the legs, but really just a token couple of miles.
            I did/do. My longest streak was like 135 days and it was normally no problem getting a run in. However, I still like to try and plan ahead as I normally have a pretty hectic schedule.

El Presidente

its like brushing your teeth
              This was the exact analogy I used just this morning when I was telling someone about my running streak. And here I thought I was being oh-so-creative with that analogy.

"I train conservatively so that I can race recklessly."

Pammie

This was the exact analogy I used just this morning when I was telling someone about my running streak. And here I thought I was being oh-so-creative with that analogy.
                Don't fret just put it down to great minds thinking alike Smile