A Mile A Day

Weekly Check-In 05/26/09 (Read 361 times)

Wingz

Professional Noob

There's a store locator on the Vibram site...  Looks like the Great Outdoor Provision Company sells them where I live... 

Roads were made for journeys...

Decent week for me last week, I seem to be in maintaining mode.  The humidity has definitly set in down here for the summer, and that always is more challenging to me.  I find it funny that I seem to have an easier time getting my runs in during the week, even though I have more time on the weekends.  I think its just because I'm more regimented during the week.

I bought a bike last week, so I plan to get some riding in here and there...including some rides to work.  I work about 10 miles from the house.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

My last big big week before starting to hold back, recover and then try to stomp Grandma.  Is 75-80 miles too much to ask?
        jeffdonahue

I find it funny that I seem to have an easier time getting my runs in during the week, even though I have more time on the weekends.  I think its just because I'm more regimented during the week.

I have the same problem.  I can get my runs in pretty easily during the week (most days at least) but for some reason weekends can be a real struggle.   I know, I know - get up early.  I usually do, but some days you just want to sleep in and when that happens, once life starts for the day, finding time to run can be tough till the kids get to bed.

On another note, I had an awesome run last night.  I usually really enjoy running in the mornings, but lately it has been tougher because my legs just dont seem to wake up fast enough.  I ran last night around 7:00 (for my double to beat Ennay of course) and it wasnt super fast but it just felt really good.  There was no pressure to get home quick, no running too fast because I had to get to work, just me and the road and a random route I had never run before.

Then of course the only time I had to run today was this morning and my legs were just wiped from the double yesterday.  I still got in just under 6 miles but it was slow and rough.

Hey all.

My body continues to rebel against me, but I think that I am getting my pains under control.  I am trying to be patient and not go crazy at the moment.  It seems every time the pain subsides, I get an urge to tie on a hard tempo or speed session.  Pretty stupid becuase the pain returns as quickly as it was gone.

Plan for this week.... EASY!!!  I have to shout it or I am liable to forget it.

And I almost... almost... took a day off.  But thankfully I came to my senses and now things seem to be looking more positive.

Keep the streaks alive!

Ryan

Ryan

celiacChris

3Days4Cure

New to streaking and the group. It has helped already--last night I squeezed in a mile after Kickball and before the bar, just so I could keep the streak.

This week I'm trying to get back to more normal miles (post marathon I've been a bit low), aiming for the mid-30's and hoping running every day helps. Weekdays can be a real challenge for me (the opposite of those who said weekends are hard), so this will help force the issue for me.

Chris 

Chris
              PRs: 27:26 5k/ 49:52 5mi/ 58:17 10k/ 2:09:24 half/ 5:13:17 Full

Post-Bipolar PRs: 38:35 5k/ 1:09:34 8k/ 1:09:39 5mi/ 1:33:03 10k/ 3:20:40 Half

2022 Goals

Back to 10k

after Kickball and before the bar

Sweet  Smile

Ryan

Not too bad week for me. Lilacs are killing me. I am very allergic to them, and they are blooming all over the place. My next race is usually a five miler, but according to a race calendar it looks like it is a 5K this year.

Welcome to all the new members!

Good running all.

Hit 100 days this morning. Averaging around 56 miles per week. Still feel strong, but endurance seems to be gone after the cut back in long runs. (maybe the heat and humidity have arrived for the summer)

Get off my porch

^^ Congrats on the 100 days! Definitely humid here in Music City.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I'm trying to get as much hot humid sunny running as I can so that I am as ready as possible in case Grandma's Marathon is hot.

I don't know how you guys do it. I was in Philly last week and thought the humidity was going to kill me.

~Sara
                          It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great. ~ Jimmy Dugan

celiacChris

3Days4Cure

I don't know how you guys do it. I was in Philly last week and thought the humidity was going to kill me.

Last week in Philly was awful (and I'm a native). For me, its a matter of gradually adjusting to it or getting up before the sun rises (which minimizes the pain of the humidity, I find).

Chris
                            PRs: 27:26 5k/ 49:52 5mi/ 58:17 10k/ 2:09:24 half/ 5:13:17 Full

Post-Bipolar PRs: 38:35 5k/ 1:09:34 8k/ 1:09:39 5mi/ 1:33:03 10k/ 3:20:40 Half

2022 Goals

Back to 10k

I hate the humidity.  It gets bad down here in TX...almost unavoidable during the summer months, which for us is about 9 months out of the year...Smile
                              jb944

Chicago RnR 1/2 Marathon

I'm breaking my 1 day streak already today.  Jet lag + injured mother requiring 2 ER visits, one ortho visit, and one internal med appointment + migraines for 3 days + not being able to take migraine meds because then I can't take care of injured mother + getting up during the night to help mother to bathroom or administer more pain meds = exhaustion.  Next week WILL be better!  May as well wait on the reset until I figure this out and really get started again.