A Mile A Day

Stick a fork in it- DONE (Read 31 times)

In it for the long run..

I'm so sad, but it's over.  I have a piriformis injury (pain in the ass) and I can't run the mile today.  It just hurts too much.  Yesterday was painful and made it worse.  I can't be stupid.  I hate that it's over, and I will never hit 960 days again.  Congrats to those of you still going!

"It's not who wins the workout..."

BANNED from the LLR (Ladies' Locker Room) forum at age 64.  Remember, folks, it's just running.

Ojo

You already know how I feel about this, but I just wanted to write again that you are doing the right thing with your injury!  I hope you are feeling better about it today.  960 is a really good streak!

Sara

MM #2929

In it for the long run..

I can't imagine ever being able to get to that number again- and that makes me sad.  The longer it goes on, the more you feel invested in it.  I didn't quite realize that.  I may try 100 day streaks or something- when and if I can run again!

BANNED from the LLR (Ladies' Locker Room) forum at age 64.  Remember, folks, it's just running.

JDehlinger

Congrats on the streak and a well deserved rest! I have enjoyed chasing you by a day for the last 2+ years and am saddened I won't have that person just ahead of me as motivation.

In it for the long run..

Thanks.  It's pretty tough to not be able to run.  Turns out my injury is a stress fracture in my sacrum, so not only is running completely out, I can't even walk!  I'm on crutches for 4 weeks (almost 3 weeks into it now) and can't do any exercise- no swimming, aquajogging or anything.  The dr. doesn't want any torque on the hip.  My attitude is really getting bad.