A Mile A Day

Stick a fork in it- DONE (Read 33 times)

I'm so sad, but it's over.  I have a piriformis injury (pain in the ass) and I can't run the mile today.  It just hurts too much.  Yesterday was painful and made it worse.  I can't be stupid.  I hate that it's over, and I will never hit 960 days again.  Congrats to those of you still going!

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Ojo

You already know how I feel about this, but I just wanted to write again that you are doing the right thing with your injury!  I hope you are feeling better about it today.  960 is a really good streak!

Sara

MM #2929

I can't imagine ever being able to get to that number again- and that makes me sad.  The longer it goes on, the more you feel invested in it.  I didn't quite realize that.  I may try 100 day streaks or something- when and if I can run again!

JDehlinger

Congrats on the streak and a well deserved rest! I have enjoyed chasing you by a day for the last 2+ years and am saddened I won't have that person just ahead of me as motivation.

Thanks.  It's pretty tough to not be able to run.  Turns out my injury is a stress fracture in my sacrum, so not only is running completely out, I can't even walk!  I'm on crutches for 4 weeks (almost 3 weeks into it now) and can't do any exercise- no swimming, aquajogging or anything.  The dr. doesn't want any torque on the hip.  My attitude is really getting bad.