Beginners and Beyond MILES GAME

Team Corredores - December Delights (Read 262 times)

Roy White

Ok... I found you. Like a bloodhound on the trail (since I ran that trail race I been stuck on trail metaphors) I found Y'all. I'll jut post here from now on. I ain't got no loyalty to spamville at all. Gotta go. Lunch is over.
    BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Roy now can you talk Dian into posting here too?

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

katiern

Still can't post off my phone over at that crappy site. It's so annoying and frustrating! I did not end up going out for a run last night. After talking to my mom who is a nurse practitioner, I realized what I thought was a cramp might actually be a stress fracture. I'm going to the dr today and will see what he thinks. I will not be happy if it is. Even though it was tough and I got sick, it completely got my running mojo "running" (pun intended) again. I have been excited to get back out there and get a run in. Fingers crossed it is nothing bad. Welcome over here everyone! I'm glad to see you all where I can post. I am still reading all the posts over at RWOL.
        BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

I cannot bring up RWOL on my phone either.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

katiern

Hey guys, I'm a little down. So it is "probably" a stress fracture because the Dr saw a "squiggle" on the xray. He told me I can't run until it doesn't hurt, but min. 1-2 weeks. Hopefully, it is just the 2 weeks. We leave for Disney in a few days and I'm hoping it will be better then. Today at work has been long and kinda painful. Trying to stay off it as much as possible but, being a nurse, it isn't that easy. Good job for the weekly miles everyone!

Philliefan33

Katie -- sorry to hear the bad news.  I must have missed it -- what part of your body has the stress fracture?  Did you notice it during your HM or after?

No injury is ever good, but the timing of this one could be okay.  It gives you permission to take the rest of December off while you enjoy holiday events and take care of the extra chores.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Took Wed and today as rest days and only ran 5 yesterday. This holiday season is leaving me exhausted. I think I'm going to have to cut back on my running until after the first of the year. I'm lucky if I get my break at work much less get it on time. You wouldn't believe how much time and effort some customers need and it can be a strain to remain friendly and helpful all the time when I want to go hide and collapse.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                      05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

katiern

Margo, I noticed it after the half. I am hoping it won't be long before I can run. It saves my sanity and my hubby's family is coming to visit. I will NEED to run. Plus I'm only 11 miles from 400 and really, really wanna hit that for the year! George, I am sorry you are so busy. I completely understand about draining clients. Sometimes the parents in my icu are just time consuming and take all I have out of me. Hope it gets better soon!
                  Roy White

George I hear you. As a FedEx driver I HATE Cheristmas. I'm a huge Scrooge. Running helps me sort of... Compartmentalize the stress a little. 

I ran 16.5 miles today.mran a hill by my house. summit loop. I declare. A 1000 foot climb in 2 miles. It's notorious with cyclists in the area and I've ridden it many times. The problem was.... I had to run 5 miles to get to summit loop... The loop is 5 miles, then 6 and a half miles home. About 2 and a half miles from home I bonked. Royally. 

I didn't eat any breakfast or bring food along. Big mistake on a hill run. Usually I don't eat breakfast before Saturday morning LR's and do fine... Easy jogging... That hill drained me. 

Is anyone posting over at RW? 

It looks like not a lot of posts are going on here either. 

I do like the online log over here though. A lot.

bulfrog

Mr Slowly

Hi guys, 

Just a quick drop by tonight. It's been a long weekend and I'm in need of some beauty sleep.

Today I did my  first 'olymic distance' tri. (1500m swim, 40km bike, 10km run) I was hoping to get under 3 hours, and ended up smashing that goal, finished in 2:39:51. So I'm a happy boy. 

For those who are interested, I've got a badly written race report here

Hope you all had a good weekend!

Ironman, why be slow in 1 sport when you can be slow in 3

katiern

That is an awesome time! Nice work and way to kill it! Still no running for me. The foot is feeling a little better. Hopefully, by the end of the week I'll be able to go for a short run.
                        Roy White

Nice work Andy.

Runshortii

Nice job Andy! Tri's seem like a lot of fun...but I'm not a very good swimmer so I'll stick with just running for now lol.

Had my appt today with the sports doc. X-rays came back clean, and he thinks if it was a stress fx the healing process would've showed up by now considering all the time I've taken off in the last couple months. He thinks it's extensor tendonitis, which I thought as well but I wanted to rule out a stress fx just in case.  Woohoo! He said maybe take another week off and then just come back slow and ice it and take ibuprofen after I run if I need to.  He showed me a different way to tie my shoes as well so they're not so tight on the top of my foot. He was very helpful.  He's ran Boston twice and a bunch of other marathons and works the med tent for a lot of the races in the area. Very cool to go to a doc who runs!

I might try running wednesday. I'll see. It's tempting because its never bothered me when I run, only after. And even then it's just an annoying dull ache. I won't over do it though. Looking forward to getting back into it and helping us get more miles!

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

By any chance is this the lacing pattern?

I learned that from Arthur Lydiard about 30 years ago.

2024 Races:

05/11 - D3 50K

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I jogged back home after dropping off my car for service today and my legs felt like lead after being sick for two days. I was ready to walk up the hills and it's only 1.1 miles total. Of course I'll have to jog back this afternoon to pick up my car.

2024 Races:

05/11 - D3 50K