Beginners and Beyond MILES GAME

Team HAPPY FEET December 2012 (Read 279 times)

aplodder

Susan

Hi, Happy Feeters.  Welcome to our new digs.  I would link to our old thread, but it's been so long since we've used it that I'm not even sure I could find it.  There is a link to the posting site at the top of this group as well as in my sig. line.  (Wow-we have sig lines here!) 

Regarding races, I am going to start a list on Facebook in our files later today.  I would appreciate it if everyone would add his/her races.  I can then copy and paste the races for each month into that month's team thread.  If those of you who aren't on FB will post your races here for each month, I will add them. 

If you're not in the FB group and would like to be, please let me know, and I will send you a link. 

December Races:

December 2012

12/1/12 Amanda (RoxieRuns) Tecumseh Trail Marathon, Bloomington, IN

12/2/12 Susan(aplodder) Nittany Valley Half, State College, PA

12/9/12 Courtney(LetsGoRun) Run with Santa 5k, Reston, VA

12/9/12 Cherie (She Can) Tucson Half Marathon, Tucson, AZ

12/9/12 Will (runtwolive) Santa Hustle Half, Sevierville, TN

12/15/12 Lisa (Lisa9909) Bay Trail Run 5 miles, Palo Alto, CA

12/15/12 KayPS (KayPS) Mercerville Fire House Mistletoe 5k, Mercerville, NJ

12/22/12 Amanda (RoxieRuns) Holiday Hustle 50K, IL

12/31/12 Adam(EasyMiles) Run into the New Year 10K, Milwaukee, WI

TWHgal

Wannabe runner

Good morning Susan. My races are in my sig. Yay for the return of sig lines! Have a great weekend everyone. Shoot, I just realized I need to add another race.

Cindy 

rainmakerrc

Morning, Susan and Cindy!  Glad to see the new team thread here!

EasyMiles

Morning all-

Happy to see the thread in here.  Can't decide between rest or an 3-4 miles today, but if the kids can't figure a way to get along soon, it could become a LR day.Big grin

Adam

aplodder

Susan

Hi, Cindy, Rob, and Adam.  Nice to see you all here. 

Adam, LOL-hope the kids decided to get along.  I remember those days.  Now at 17 and 20, they conspire more than fight.  I'm not sure which is worse. 

@runjerseygirl

Good morning! I'm doing the Mercerville Fire Company Mistletoe 5k on December 15. I'll share on FB.  I just need the link.

Do you even run?

Trail Dog

Good morning! Just checking in to say I am here on the new forum. Smile

Raylan

Hi feet.

I finally found you guys! I think Cindy was keeping it from me by not mentioning it. Whats up with that?

EasyMiles

Morning Feeters-

Decided to rest yesterday and may do the same today.  The family is headed to the tree farm this morning to get out trees.  We usually get two one for upstairs and one downstairs in the family room.  It's unusually warm today so a nice day to be outside.  

I chose a picture for my avatar, but I can't see it.  Can anyone else?  If not I guess I will have to figure that out.

Adam

Raylan

Morning Feeters-

Decided to rest yesterday and may do the same today.  The family is headed to the tree farm this morning to get out trees.  We usually get two one for upstairs and one downstairs in the family room.  It's unusually warm today so a nice day to be outside.  

I chose a picture for my avatar, but I can't see it.  Can anyone else?  If not I guess I will have to figure that out.

Adam

Cant see your av, Adam.

Did you upload it in the "my forum preferences" tab in options?

rainmakerrc

Afternoon, all!  13 mi progression this morning.  Feels great having a fresh pair of shoes!  Didn't get the decorations up yesterday, so trying again this afternoon.  

SheCan

Still can't see it, Adam.

I sooo loved finding this thread so easily.  Last time I looked at RW, it was better, but still wouldn't have a clue as to where to find our thread.  I know Fl_girl has went off the team, but I went ahead and sent her message to let her know we were here.  I'd hate for her not to find us just in case.  

LOL@ Susan, Queen of the Crocs!   LOL One of these days I might have to try a pair of those on just to have that wonderful experience.  I haven't checked fb, yet, but I hope you felt good during your race yesterday and had a good visit with Bob.  

Haha, Trance, Cindy wouldn't do that, would she?  Then again, with the new PR yesterday, maybe she just way out ran you over this way.

Amanda, did you end up doing your trail marathon today?   Or was it yesterday?  I hope it went well, and that you write a report on it.

I did a 12-1/2 run today with a neighbor & her friend, and they've decided to do the Tucson Half Marathon with me next weekend!  My neighbor has done a couple of races with me before, but usually I do them alone, so I'm really tickled.  It'll be a girls race day!   

*waves at everyone else*  

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Trail Dog

Cherie, yes I ran the marathon yesterday. I am waiting for official results then will write a mini report. It went well - it was WAY harder than I was expecting. Who knew there were hills in Indiana. I ran strong even though I've been sick. Good timing on the crud, because I am worse today and it has actually moved down into my chest (only in my nose yesterday).

Rest day for me, though I did take the dog for a brisk 4 mile walk. I thought I had avoided muscle soreness, but walking down steps has become a little more uncomfortable as the day goes on. Uncomfortable, but not impossible - that is the benefit of a good base!

aplodder

Susan

Hi, everyone.  Nice to see so many team members here. 

Kay, check your PM's.  I sent you a link to the FB group.  I apologize.  I thought I had sent you a link when you first joined the team.  I would have sent it sooner had I realized you didn't have it. 

Tr@nce, I'm glad you found us, even if CIndy did forget to drop breadcrumbs.  Smile

Adam, you have to go into the "My Forum Preferences" section and upload your avatar there. When I first got here,  I kept trying to upload one into "My Profile" and couldn't figure out why it wouldn't show.  I suspect you're doing the same thing.  I hope you found some nice trees. 

Cherie, thanks for letting FL girl know where we are.  I hope she drops in once in awhile.  Nice that you will have company for your race next week.  It's always nice to have friends along for a run.  If you try Crocs, try the Blitzens with the furry lining.  SO comfy.

Rob, nice run! 

Amanda, looking forward to hearing more about your race.  Glad you were able to run it. 

I met all of my goals for my half today.  I had a beer at mile 11 and made it to the finish.  It was one of the slowest halves I have run, but I knew it would be.  I am exhausted this evening, but it was a great day. 

TWHgal

Wannabe runner

I agree with Susan, it's good to see almost everyone here. Did anyone let Chris know? Amanda, I hope you get feeling better. Susan, I'm glad you had a great day with your race. You deserve it. Waving hello to everyone else!

Cindy