Beginners and Beyond MILES GAME

Team HAPPY FEET December 2012 (Read 279 times)

TWHgal

Wannabe runner

Hi everyone! My flight was cancelled so I get another day of this PA rain. I may try sneaking out for a run later. Congrats on your half Cherie! I will read you fb report later today.

Cindy 

aplodder

Susan

Perfect day for a run in PA, Cindy.  It was ugly, but the temp was nice, and the rain felt good.  Hope you managed to get out for a few miles.  I know you must be devastated that your flight was canceled.  ;-)

TWHgal

Wannabe runner

Susan, I got out for a nice 5 miler today. I wasn't too devastated once I talked to the kennel about my fur babies.

Cindy 

SheCan

Nice that you got an extra day with Jeff, Cindy!   Good deal at getting another run up there.  I know your pets will be happy to see you return home though.  

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

aplodder

Susan

Glad your fur babies are okay, Cindy.  I'm sure they were missing you. 

Raylan

Hi team!

I didnt get any miles to speak of this weekend.  Cindy manned up and went out on Monday while I just stayed in and worked on a gun Smile

I'm feeling good about the next few weeks though.

CHERIE - i saw you posted a RR about your half on FB.  I still need to read that!

@runjerseygirl

In case you want to read about my race yesterday... Here's the report.

Do you even run?

aplodder

Susan

Kay, that was quite a race you ran. Great job!

Jeff,  lovely weather we're having this weekend, isn't it? 

I have been lazy this week where running's concerned.  I'm looking forward to January when all of the holiday stuff is done and the junk food is out of the house. 

Trail Dog

Kay, congrats on the PR!

I had a big weekend of running. 13 Saturday and 20 Sunday. I am happy tomorrow is a rest day. Smile

aplodder

Susan

Wow-nice weekend, Amanda!

Madcow75

Nice race Kay

Nice miles Amanda

Susan-same here, just ready for January to get here.  Actually, I'm ready for spring.

Not much going on here, just did order some new shoes though.  They are expecting 8-12 inches on Wednesday night.  Can't wait Roll eyes

Howdy,

Finally made it over here to running ahead.  Will need to get caught up on things eventually.

I had a good weekend.  Went with DW and the kids to see a Christmas Carol at a small local theater on Saturday.  They do a different version of this play every year for 2 months and is very popular.  DD was afraid during Jacob Marley's ghost and the ghost of Christmas future.  She curled up in a ball on my lap during the scary parts.  Then DS had a christmas party at night and DW went shopping with her mom so DD and I made cupcakes.  My best friend was rained jewish and I was seeing her the next day so we made blue cupcakes with white frosting.  We made a dreidel out of a hershey hug, a piece of caramel and a pretzel stick.  Wrote the jewish symbols on the calamel the sprinked the top with blue sugar.

Also went for a 14 mile on Sunday.   Ran a  few miles with the 70 year old man I see on the weekends.  He is running a 10 mile race in February and wants me to run it too.  Looks like I have a race to train for!  I was not planning on racing until April.

Sunday was a playdate with my friend and her daughter then I babysat the daughter for a few hours while my friend and her husband and son went out.

Had to work through lunch to get things ready for a meeting so I missed  out on my run.  Hopefully I will get a few miles in tonight.

gotta go figure out how to use this site!!

bryan

aplodder

Susan

Bryan, glad you made it here.  Good to see you!  Those cupcakes looked great.  I'm sure your friend appreciated them.  Your whole weekend sounds like a lot of fun.  Sounds like you're getting in some good runs too.  This site is pretty easy to figure out.  The log is just like RWOL's old one only more advanced.   The forums aren't as sophisticated, but they load faster and seem to be spam free, plus the site owner actually fixes things when they're broken and listens to user feedback. 

Mike, I hope you don't get as much snow as is forecast.  That seems like a lot.  We haven't seen more than a dusting so far in PA this year.  Hope you get to try out your new shoes before the snowfall.

I ran 8 slow miles this morning, but it felt good to be out there.  It is in the 50's and a little rainy, which is perfect running weather for me.  I don't know, but why I like a little humidity in the cold air. 

SheCan

Happy Monday!

Great report, Kay!  Congratulations on your PR.

Wow, Amanda, you put in a LOT of miles this weekend!   

Mike, yikes @ your weather forecast!   Are you able to run with snow on the ground like that?

Bryan, wonderful to see you here!  What a lovely weekend and great miles.  I think its cool that you're going to race with this man this weekend.  Some older runners are the most inspiring and amaze me at how youthful they seem.  

Susan, sounds like you had a nice run day today.  I love running while it's in the 50s.  

It was nice and cool today, and I did 15 really slow miles.  Towards the end my knee kept feeling rather stiff so I'm hoping its nothing more then a bit of old people creaking.  We'll see.  

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

rainmakerrc

Morning, all!  I thought I'd post here instead of the FB page for a change.  10 easy miles w/ hills for me this morning.  Need to get some work done, but I also have some online shopping to do.

Bryan - Nice running.  Good luck with the training for the 10 mi race.

Susan - That definitely sounds like great running weather to me.  We are rain-free here until Thursday, so I'll probably have to deal with a wet run that morning.

Cherie - Great miles!  How's your knee feeling today?