Beginners and Beyond MILES GAME

Team Changes thread for 2013 (Read 77 times)

bobinpittsburgh

Lord of the Manor

At long last here's a new Team Changes thread for 2013.  To post your miles each week go to:

www.huenix.com/milesgame/postmiles.php .  If you'd like to join the Miles Game, go to: www.huenix.com/milesgame/signup.php .

Here's what's been going on recently:

First, there were some drops on Thursday, January 10th, and replacements for those drops were assigned on the 17th. 

Corredores lost SouthernMarine due to three weeks of non-posting.  Corredores had one extra runner, so they did not get assigned a replacement.

suschnauzer was dropped from Luckylegs for non-posting.  Pegasus moved over from Team: Available to Luckylegs.

rutibegga from M.R.T. was dropped for non-posting.  flats was assigned as a replacement.

PopcornFrog from Margaritaville Miles was dropped for non-posting.  Margaritaville Miles had an extra runner, so there was no replacement assigned.

itsbaker from Phoenix Rising was dropped for non-posting.  queryanalyzer was assigned as a replacement.

MarkO_1969 of Sole Train was dropped for non-posting, and mttbaboon went on the Injured Reserve list.  Sole Train got ebrindle9 and Kathleen 145 as replacements.

And mustang361 from Triple Digits was dropped for non-posting; TigerEyess was assigned as a replacement.

Then several runners were dropped on Thursday, January 17, 2013 due to non-posting.  Replacement for those runners have not been assigned yet.  Here's who was dropped:

4midable lost jjchouinard

Corredores lost Runshortii2008

M.R.T. lost ngarciaf and Rather Be Running

Phoenix Rising lost LisaHampton; and

Triple Digits lost TikkTok.

Replacements will be assigned soon.  And by the way - if you've been dropped for non-posting and want to get back in the game, that is allowed.  Check with your team Captain to see if the team will take you back, and let aplodder or me know via PM that you're coming back.

I felt the whole world was so jive 

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I've noticed a lot of newly assigned runners are soon dropped for non-posting. You may want to emphasize even more in the sign-up thread that to remain on a team you should always post mileage even if it is zero.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

bobinpittsburgh

Lord of the Manor

I've noticed a lot of newly assigned runners are soon dropped for non-posting. You may want to emphasize even more in the sign-up thread that to remain on a team you should always post mileage even if it is zero.

You're right, George.  I'm working on an updated sign-up / FAQ thread and plan to feature it prominently.

bobinpittsburgh

Lord of the Manor

Replacement runners just assigned:

slongbrake66 joins team 4midable.

Nuinta joins Corredores.

music_girl117 and jeb6294 join M.R.T.

baxdaddy joins Phoenix Rising.

and natehargis joins Triple Digits.

Welcome to your new teams!

bobinpittsburgh

Lord of the Manor

Plus, EatsFood of 4midable and Runninggirl30 of Sole Train will be going on the Injured Reserve list later today.  And 12easymiles and KayPS, both of Happy Feet, are coming back from Injured Reserve.

bobinpittsburgh

Lord of the Manor

Some changes to report, including some from last week.  I'll start out with the changes from January 31, 2013:

Kickin' Asphalt lost Elizamath and  townlake due to three weeks of non-posting.

Luckylegs lost Pegasus and Teacher Tim due to three weeks of non-posting.

chrismerk from Phoenix Rising was dropped for three weeks of non-posting, and lilflute86 went to the Injured Reserve list.

And Triple Digits lost lonestarchick and onirocdarb due to three weeks of non-posting.

For the first time in a while, we did not have enough runners on Team: Available last week.  That meant some spaces have gone unfilled.  So if you or anyone you know wants to join a mileage game, this is a good time.  Go to www.huenix.com/milesgame/signup.php to sign up for the game.  Then, please post your miles every week atwww.huenix.com/milesgame/postmiles.php .  Post your miles every week while you're on Team: Available and waiting for an assignment (otherwise it's easy for us to lose track of you).  And please keep posting your miles every week after you get assigned to a team, because your team is counting on you (and it's the whole point of the game).

Sermon over, now back to the team changes.

There was an open slot on Team 4midable last week, which has not been filled yet (but the 4midables still managed to take first place this week, even though we were down by one runner!).

Texastiger joined Corredores.

BethRunsDisney joined Hillkillers.

zomak joined Luckylegs.

eb joined Luckylegs.

Like 4midable, Margaritaville Miles was down by a runner this week because of a shortage on Team: Available.

DcDan78 joined Phoenix Rising, and Earthtokarmen1 rejoined Phoenix Rising after an absence.

And wshealey joined Triple Digits.

And now we're up to yesterday's changes.  Some runners were dropped for three weeks' non-posting.  They are:

Roy White from Corredores
              bakwoodj from Margaritaville Miles
              Runningmomof2 from Phoenix Rising, and
              MN_Newbie from Triple Digits.

Also yesterday, Superbunny from M.R.T. has retired from the game, and Russalka from Kickin' Asphalt and CSpirkRun from M.R.T. both went on Injured Reserve.

And there were four adds made yesterday, before the results were run.  They are:  

joe_hester joined Kickin' Asphalt

RickDecker joined Luckylegs

aplodder2 joined Phoenix Rising*; and

mmgage joined Triple Digits.

*A word on aplodder2 joining Phoenix Rising.  aplodder (Susan) has been a member of Happy Feet for some time now, and was on the Injured Reserve list for a while last year.  She's been ready to come back from the I.R. list, but her regular team has the good fortune of having too many runners right now.  So she is posting as aplodder 2 (so as not to confuse the Miles Game database), and is on temporary loan to Phoenix Rising.  I hope that hasn't confused you too much.

And one more time, we could use more runners, so please feel free to sign up for the Miles Game at www.huenix.com/milesgame/signup.php .

bobinpittsburgh

Lord of the Manor

Some changes to report today, and there will probably be a few more changes before the end of the day.  But first, there are still some immediate vacancies on teams.  So if you or anyone you know wants to join a mileage game, this is a good time to join the Miles Game.  Go to www.huenix.com/milesgame/signup.php to sign up for the game.  Then, please post your miles every week atwww.huenix.com/milesgame/postmiles.php .  Post your miles every week while you're on Team: Available and waiting for an assignment (otherwise it's easy for us to lose track of you).  And please keep posting your miles every week after you get assigned to a team, because your team is counting on you (and it's the whole point of the game).

Here is the list of new assignments:

4midable gets jeslynchap

Corredores gets DoctorK4

Kickin' Asphalt gets ingles

Luckylegs gets irakanji

Margaritaville Miles gets Hddave

M.R.T. gets kc_king

Phoenix Rising gets Bearcatrunner and Doingitforme

and Triple Digits gets jogger66.

Welcome to your new teams!  Most of the teams have a team thread, either here, on the other site, or both, or perhaps on Facebook.  Say hello to your new teammates.  And if you can't find your team's thread, feel free to ask.

bobinpittsburgh

Lord of the Manor

We dropped three runners today - all due to three consecutive weeks of not posting their miles.  The drops are:

CrazyBookkeeper of Hillkillers
                  runninggirl30 of Sole Train; and
                  natehargis of Triple Digits.

Don't let this happen to you!  Remember to post your miles every week, at www.huenix.com/milesgame/postmiles.php

bobinpittsburgh

Lord of the Manor

Some changes to report today.

cmb4314 from Kickin' Asphalt has gone on Injured Reserve, and Wing has been assigned to Kickin' Asphalt

irakanji has been assigned to Sole Train

and JCizzle has been assigned to Triple Digits.

Welcome to your new teams!

And you will note that some of the teams are not at full strength (which right now is 22 active runners).  If you know anyone who wants to join the Miles Game, now is a good time, as there is no significant wait to get on a team.  Sign up at www.huenix.com/milesgame/signup.php - and then remember to post your miles each week at www.huenix.com/milesgame/postmiles.php .

bobinpittsburgh

Lord of the Manor

Here are the latest team changes for the Miles Game.

We had several runners dropped last week because they had not posted miles for three straight weeks they are:

tundrasusie and zomak from Luckylegs
                      eb  and runs w/ scissors from M.R.T.; and
                      Earthtokarmen1 from Phoenix Rising.

And pae has joined Luckylegs.

Plus, russalka from Kickin' Asphalt has come back from Injured Reserve, and Sunshine7388 from Margaritaville Miles has gone on Injured Reserve.

And you will note that some of the teams are not at full strength (which right now is 22 active runners).  If you know anyone who wants to join the Miles Game, now is a good time, as there is no significant wait to get on a team.  Sign up at www.huenix.com/milesgame/signup.php - and then remember to post your miles each week at www.huenix.com/milesgame/postmiles.php .

bobinpittsburgh

Lord of the Manor

And sorry to report that steph6565 and runningmamatoboys - both from Pavement Pounders - have retired from the game.  runningmamatoboys was Captain for the Pavement Pounders.  She will be replaced by co-Captains mymomruns and Run Muppy.

bobinpittsburgh

Lord of the Manor

Four runners have just made the move from Team: Available to other teams.  Here's the details:

Dr. C is on Luckylegs

IngrindRN and TeeDoubleYa are on M.R.T.;

and running hurts is on Pavement Pounders.

And you will note that some of the teams are not at full strength (which right now is 22 active runners).  If you know anyone who wants to join the Miles Game, now is a good time, as there is no significant wait to get on a team.  Sign up at www.huenix.com/milesgame/signup.php - and then remember to post your miles each week atwww.huenix.com/milesgame/postmiles.php .

And last but not least, ASUnk00 from Sole Train is retiring from the game.  He will be dropped after tomorrow's results are run.  And since ASUnk00 is the Captain of Sole Train, we are looking for a member of Sole Train to become the team's new Captain.

delicate flower

And last but not least, ASUnk00 from Sole Train is retiring from the game.  He will be dropped after tomorrow's results are run.  And since ASUnk00 is the Captain of Sole Train, we are looking for a member of Sole Train to become the team's new Captain.

Noooooooo!  We're going to miss him!

I volunteer to take over the captaincy even though I am currently on the DL.

<3

bobinpittsburgh

Lord of the Manor

Noooooooo!  We're going to miss him!

I volunteer to take over the captaincy even though I am currently on the DL.

Thanks! Unless there's any dissent from your teammates we'll get administrative privileges assigned to you.  That will allow you to post for teammates who are unable to post.

delicate flower

Thanks! Unless there's any dissent from your teammates we'll get administrative privileges assigned to you.  That will allow you to post for teammates who are unable to post.

Ahhh, they won't care.  Big grin

<3