Beginners and Beyond MILES GAME

Team Phoenix Rising (Read 14 times)

Don't forget to log your mile for this week people.  Hopefully you had a good week but even if you had a bad week (it happens, life happens) at least log your miles.

Every mile counts!  How are we doing team?  I'm doing okay but getting fat and probablly not working as hard as I should be.  That is going to change though.  Need to get my butt in gear as race number 1 is 4 weeks away.

2014 Goals: (Yeah I suck)

• Sub 22  5K
    • Sub 1:35 1/2 marathon 
    • Sub 3:25:00 Marathon
    aplodder

Susan

Nice week BCR!  I just posted mine.  It was a cutback week.  Should be back up this week.

Thanks but I really have been slacking.  I need to do better for myself and the team.

Cutback weeks are always a good idea.  Your one smart runner.

• Sub 22  5K
        baxdaddy

just another runner

I am in cutback mode as well as I prepare for my first full.

The first step is to get up off the couch!

Half Fanatic #889

I am in cutback mode as well as I prepare for my first full.

So what race are you training for?  I have to say I'm a little jeolous in that no matter what you do as long as you finish you will PR and can't go wrong.  The first one is also the most painful one but hey who remembers that?

• Sub 22  5K
            aplodder

Susan

Happy Monday, everyone!  Where are all the Rising Phoenix's?   I got in my first 50 mile week in months last week so am feeling like my mojo is gradually coming back.  How's everyone's running going?

That is awesome.  I got in 76 this week so that is good.  My problem is that I am just not properly motivated at this point.  My big goal race is Chicago and it is just sooooo far away.

• Sub 22  5K
                aplodder

Susan

Wow-76 is a lot of miles, BCR.  I'm hoping to get close to that by July or August.  What kind of goal do you have for Chicago?

Wow-76 is a lot of miles, BCR.  I'm hoping to get close to that by July or August.  What kind of goal do you have for Chicago?

Well the realistic goal is 3:05.  The shoot for the moon goal is sub 3.   Still lots of time to find a way to mess things up but the running is good.

What is in July or August or should I be guessing a race in Sept/Oct?

• Sub 22  5K
                    aplodder

Susan

Wow-that's a fast race!  Good luck!

I have a marathon Sept. 1st. and a 24 hour ultra later in Sept., so the miles should be up by July or August.

Wow-that's a fast race!  Good luck!

I have a marathon Sept. 1st. and a 24 hour ultra later in Sept., so the miles should be up by July or August.

Augh an ultra and for 24 hours.  You must really like punishing yourself.

• Sub 22  5K

BexKix, Bagel Defender

Latest roster: aplodder2 Not Posted baxdaddy Not Posted Bearcatrunner Not Posted BexKix ChellJ DCDan78 dglover9 Doingitforme glasspak11 hechbekeni ImaRunnah lilflute86 Injured Reserve lonelyroadscholar mafar Injured Reserve mjsmith1223 NJRunnerGurl Parrothead Christopher queryanalyzer sharpe211 smoore0316 Injured Reserve tym2run Not Posted UnwoundPuppy zbonii More later.
                          aplodder

Susan

Looks like a good roster!  I think most of us have posted.  My home internet is down (for the last week) , so I didn't get my miles posted until today.

BCR, the 24 hour ultra is more of a fun FE for me than a serious race.  A lot of forumites will be there.  I went a couple of years ago and had a blast.  Looking forward to going again.

BexKix:  You get on those people.  We need someone helping to herd us sheep.

• Sub 22  5K
                              aplodder

Susan

BCR, awesome week!