Beginners and Beyond MILES GAME

Team HAPPY FEET December 2012 (Read 279 times)

aplodder

Susan

Thanks, Cindy.  I posted about moving the thread on our FB group, so hopefully Chris has seen it there.  I don't think he frequents the RW site much anymore. 

Trail Dog

I met all of my goals for my half today.  I had a beer at mile 11 and made it to the finish.  It was one of the slowest halves I have run, but I knew it would be.  I am exhausted this evening, but it was a great day. 

I am really happy to hear this Susan. Actually, reminds me of the Tucson half marathon I ran last year - my slowest half ever (even slower than the first), I had ITB issues and walked much of the last few miles. Even stopped for a beer at mile 12. But it was so much fun (including getting to meet Chris!), so I looked forward to being able to run again without injuries. Smile

aplodder

Susan

Thanks, Amanda.  Sometimes the "low pressure" races are the best ones.  I'm so glad your injuries have subsided.  You had some great races this year. 

TWHgal

Wannabe runner

Good morning ladies! (Roxie included). The weather here is beautiful, so I took advantage of it and went for an easy 4 miler. I just hope work isn't crazy. Yesterday was horrible and I'm scared today will be a repeat. Flu season hit early this yr.

Cindy 

SheCan

Good morning ladies! (Roxie included). The weather here is beautiful, so I took advantage of it and went for an easy 4 miler. I just hope work isn't crazy. Yesterday was horrible and I'm scared today will be a repeat. Flu season hit early this yr.

Wow, I'm surprised so many people are sick!  I thought most of the country was having really warm weather (okay, I sorta live in a bubble at times.)  Cindy, I hope its not too crazy at work again, but I'm sure all that running around while working does give you a good  workout.

Susan, glad you took it easy at your run, and are doing okay.  You can race your next run.  Races like that tend to be good training runs (and in this case a training run with beer.)  

Amanda, glad you ran your race.  I'm not surprised it was hard.  A marathon trail sounds way hard to me.  I'm not surprised you're somewhat sore.  Take a little while to rest up, and l look forward to your mini-RR.  (Too bad you're not running the Tucson Half this year with me!  Joking)

I did an easy 8-1/2 today with some strides.   

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

tarepanda

Allez cuisine!

Hi Team,

Wow, I was trying to like the new RW, but screw that. So glad we have this place.

I've had some really good weeks of running. I'm on leave from work and am loving it.  So... I'll soon be logging some miles (km?) from the UK.  My husband's been in London since August (he started his PhD). I fly out to London tomorrow night and am very excited. Excited to see DH, and excited to run and explore London. We're having some great weather too. Going to be in the 60's tomorrow. Resting the legs today and looking forward to a lazy morning, running in shorts, packing and then heading to the airport. 

Jen

aplodder

Susan

LOL-Glad you found us, Jen.  London sounds wonderful.  I hope you enjoy your time there. 

Cindy, I hope your day was better today.  I think this nice weather is helping the flu to stick around longer.  Usually the first real cold snap helps a little.  The warm air just seems to incubate the virus. 

Thanks, Cherie.  Nice run for you today.  I'm hoping to race in March if I can get in some decent training this winter. 

I took a rest day today.  My legs are always sore after Nittany Valley half.  I feel like they got a good workout though. 

Trail Dog

I love that we have a Facebook thread and an RA thread - slowly I am figuring out who everybody is (name vs. username).

I owe the team two reports: Tecumseh race report, and a run report with Chris. Will work on those this week. My mom is coming to visit Thursday through Tuesday morning. This will be her first trip to Chicago since she was a very young girl (her family moved here from NYC, then moved to Virginia where she still lives today).

Madcow75

finally found this damn place.  I'm getting confused wiht all these different locations.  I guess I need an avatar as well.  So much to do....

SheCan

Hey Jen!  Glad to here you're getting some time off from work.  Your life always sounds so busy and exciting, I don't see how you keep with your running at all.  Hope you have a good flight out to London and a wonderful time with your hubby.  Take lots of pics and say "Hi" to the queen for me.   

Susan, do you have a treadmill or access to a nearby gym?  Or are you doing all your miles outdoors?  Hopefully you can do some good winters training one way or the other.  Anyway enjoy your rest day today.  

Amanda, yay@ your mom coming to visit!  Hope you have a great time!   How long have you been in Chicago anyway?

Mike, glad you found us!  It sort of like we're so secret organization, and we hafta pass a test to get here.   

I didn't run this morning either (today's trend for everyone?)   I had a big blister covering most of my pinky toe yesterday.  I guess I didn't drain it well, because I had to re-pop it this morning, and decided, screw it, I'm taking today off.  I may walk a bit later in the day, just for the heck of it.  

Take care all!

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

aplodder

Susan

Darn it, I'm going to have to get better at dropping breadcrumbs.  I thought I had left a pretty good trail of links over here on FB.  Maybe I'll start a thread at RW and leave a note pointing this direction. 

Glad you found us, Mike.  If you get a chance to check out the log, it's pretty nice.  I love being able to upload my runs directly from my Garmin. (Avatars can be uploaded under Options (at the top right corner of the screen)>Forum Preferences.)

Amanda, looking forward to reading your RR's.  Jealous that you got to run with Chris.  I hope to do so someday.  I will need to get in better shape to be able to keep up with him.

Cherie, I have a TM.  I hate using it though.  I may need to use it later in the winter for speedwork but am hoping to do my long runs on the road.  I hope your blister is better today.  They can be so irritating. 

I ran 8 miles this morning because it was in the 50's/60's and I could run in a short-sleeved tech shirt and shorts.  Hard to tell when that will happen again in December. 

EasyMiles

Hey team-

Susan, glad you were able to get out and enjoy the weather today.  It's been really nice here too.

Amanda-Looking forward to your RR's.  Hope you have a nice time with your Mom.

Cherie-Sounds like a nice bubble you live in, where can I get one?

Mike-It's about time you found your way in here.  It really has been a nice place to find and hang out, be sure to give it a nice try.

Cindy-Hope you're feeling better.

Unfortunately for me my shin has been hurting and I have decided to take some time off until it feels better.  Figure I will not run until it stops hurting and then add some time after that.  I have been able to run a little, but it just seems to make it worse, so, the smart thing to do is rest it.  It's just so hard not to run, but I was able to bike for 18 miles today and plan to get in the pool sometime in the next few days.  Never been much of a cross trainer before so we'll see how it goes.  

Adam

aplodder

Susan

Adam, I'm sorry to hear about your shin.  Hopefully it won't take more than a few days' rest to get back to normal. 

Posting from work today.  I tried to read a couple of threads at RW, and between my super slow, antquated work computer, and the super slow loading at RW, was unsuccessful.  I had to "skip this ad" twice, and then the stupid threads wouldn't load.  Sad  Guess when I'm at work, I'll be here at RA. 

TWHgal

Wannabe runner

:waves the white flag: Someone please come rescue me from work.......please. .....

Cindy 

aplodder

Susan

Uh oh, Cindy.  I guess the flu is still raging?  I hope things get better soon.