Beginners and Beyond MILES GAME

Team 4midable - January 2013 thread (Read 87 times)

bobinpittsburgh

Lord of the Manor

Allow me to wish you a belated welcome to 2013.  I had been planning on getting back from my holiday period of non-running yesterday, but I ended up spending the entire day resting in bed.  Things seem to be better today, but tomorrow is the earliest I'll be running, and it ould not shock me if my first run is on Tuesday.  So I'm posting zero miles for last week.  Not to worry - my next race is not for 17 or 18 weeks.

And by the way - I think we were #7 out of 13 teams last week - smack in the center of the rankings.

If I could make a wish I think I'd pass

Zelanie

Bob,

Hope you feel better soon!

This was my first week of HM training.  Since it will be my first, I'm very excited.

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

HM training officially started for me last week. Fighting a cold and took a URD along with regular RD last week so only 47 miles for me last week. I was hoping for over 50, but this week will be another story.

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

bobinpittsburgh

Lord of the Manor

We still need posts from EatsFood and jjchouinard.  Results will get run sometime today.

I've been back to running for a few days now.  It's nice to have the year-end, year-beginning break over and to be back to normal.

bobinpittsburgh

Lord of the Manor

By the way - That's serious miles Billy.  I would not use 'only' to describe a 47-mile week.

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

Bob - 47 low for me. I'm more in 55-60 range usually or higher if in serious marathon training. Looks like we are having good week this week though. Good job guys.

By the way - That's serious miles Billy.  I would not use 'only' to describe a 47-mile week.

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

runnva

Hi 4midables! Figured I should get in on the January thread before it was obsolete!  We've had a great month - as close to the top of the table as we've been since I joined the team over a year ago.

Zelanie - how's the HM training going?

jedigunnie - hope you are feeling better!

Bob - what's up next for you?

I've been having on and off issues with my shins - caused me to miss a run last week, but then stopped hurting entirely for the last couple of runs.  Really weird, but I guess for now I can't complain.  I've been able to follow my marathon training plan for the most part so far (and have added some midweek mileage - Higdon has some really, really short runs even in Int 1 and 2).  Sort of wishing I could refocus on shorter races - missing my intervals and tempos, but don't want to add speedwork back while also building miles aggressively.

PRs: 5k (21:48); 10k (44:32); 10 mile (1:14:52)

Zelanie

Well I will cheat and post here even though it's not still January.  Training is going really well!  I got hit with I think a case of nerves in week one, and then a mysterious leg issue that was fixed with a new pair of shoes in week 2.  But the last two weeks have just been fantastic.  I'm really hoping I can keep it up!  And am tempted to go buy a second pair of shoes so I can start rotating, in hopes that I can start getting more miles out of them.

Runnva- Hope you get your shin issues figured out.  And it makes sense to cut back on the speed if adding miles I think.  Hope your Feb. training goes well!

bobinpittsburgh

Lord of the Manor

I haven't been terribly active lately, either here or on RWOL.  Running is going okay though - I just posted 35 for this week.

My next race is the Pittsburgh Half Marathon on May 5th.  I am doing a 15k trail run at the end of March, but that'll be much more of a social occasion than a race.  And it's possible I'll do a local 5k in mid-April.  My doctor was trying to talk me into the 5k (for real).

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

50.7 last week for me. Getting solid miles in right now with lot of quality. 5 weeks till my HM.

Up Next:

???