Beginners and Beyond MILES GAME

Team Kickin' Asphalt (Read 208 times)

kettledrum

Fair enough...

In other news I'm on my way to my first 20 mile week this week - hope I didn't jinx myself by saying that!

Docket_Rocket

How did your 20 mile week go, kettledrum?

Don't forget to post, guys!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

daisymae25

Squidward Bike Rider

Already did!  Smile

Docket_Rocket

I'll be posting mine tomorrow.  2013 finals, you know.....

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

kettledrum

I did well, got in almost 6.5 on Saturday to get me up to 20 and then my 7 yo daughter wanted to go out on Sunday riding her bike with me while I ran so I said sure, why not, and got up to about 24 for the week, my farthest week to date.  Smile

Docket_Rocket

Nice job, kettledrum.

I posted 49.  Was shooting for 60 but my migraines got the best of me.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

cmb4314

Posted my 72.  Nuts that my legs did that without falling off.

Part of my brain is still considering the last two weeks to be 50 and 54, rather than 32 and 72, because that is how I had them laid out mentally.  But when it comes down to it, between Monday night and Sunday afternoon, I covered 72 miles, even if the 18 on Monday was actually supposed to be part of the previous week's schedule.

My wildly inconsistent PRs:

5k: 24:36 (10/20/12)  

10k: 52:01 (4/28/12)  

HM: 1:50:09 (10/27/12)

Marathon: 4:19:11 (10/2/2011) 

Docket_Rocket

Part of my brain is still considering the last two weeks to be 50 and 54, rather than 32 and 72, because that is how I had them laid out mentally.  But when it comes down to it, between Monday night and Sunday afternoon, I covered 72 miles, even if the 18 on Monday was actually supposed to be part of the previous week's schedule.

Congrats!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

kettledrum

I know exactly how you feel....although my mileage totals are only a small fraction of yours.   If I miss my run on Sunday and do it on Monday instead and it goes towards the next week, it really throws me off mentally when looking at my weekly numbers.

Docket_Rocket

Kettledrum, paging kettledrum.  You are in Team 9 for the 2013 in 2013 game and you have a heck of a bitch for captain (me).  We have a FB page and we're voting for names.  I sent you a PM via RWOL but please request to join here:

http://www.facebook.com/groups/289602447809937/

your new team group in FB.

If you want I can forward the PM here if you're no longer going to RWOL.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

kettledrum

I'm here!   I know I've been MIA -  was travelling over the holidays and didn't really have time to keep up with the forums.  But I did manage to get in 5 runs while I was away so that's a plus.

Hey you know I'm thrilled to have a bad ass for a captain in both miles games I've joined.  I saw you decided on a name - sounds great!

Docket_Rocket

Are you joining the FB group or will you be solely on RA/RW?  Glad you had some vacation time.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Happy New Year's, guys!  Please remember to post.

Candidates for whipping for being on the nag list:

CdnRnr (Kickin' Asphalt) 1
                            cmb4314 (Kickin' Asphalt) 1
                            Elizamath (Kickin' Asphalt) 2
                            heavy hoofer (Kickin' Asphalt) 1
                            Running again for fun (Kickin' Asphalt) 1
                            townlake (Kickin' Asphalt) 1
                            TR_Penguin (Kickin' Asphalt) 1

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Don't forget to post for this week.

kettledrum, that means you too on the 2013 game!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

kettledrum

Yea M'a'am!  Done and done.  Before you even nagged me too - so there Joking