Beginners and Beyond MILES GAME

Team Corredores - March 2013 (Read 13 times)

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

It's almost Spring. Looking forward to warmer weather even if it's likely to rain more. I'm going to be on vacation in Ireland and out of touch for a week and a half later this month. I trust you'll all behave yourselves and post in a timely manner while I'm gone. Wink When I return I'll be focusing on training for NC 24 so I expect to increase my mileage a little. I don't think 30-35 mpw is quite adequate in preparation for a 12-hour ultramarathon.

Link to RW Team Corredores - March 2013

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
          05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Started off March with a bang running 8.5 miles. There's a good possbility that I may get my first 40 mile week in over 3 years.

2024 Races:

05/11 - D3 50K

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Be careful about your posting. As of a minute ago last week's results hadn't been run yet and weekly mileage had not been reset to zero.

ETA: Results have been posted so posting this week's mileage should be okay now. All I can say is wow! on some of the mileage posted. fignewton820 and Greg both posted over 70 miles for the week and did NOT make the top 10 individuals. The team is still looking strong with 3rd this week and a solid 4th for cumulative points.

ETA: Talk about every team member and every mile counting! We were only .05 miles ahead of the fourth place team this week.

2024 Races:

05/11 - D3 50K

Nuinta

I'm confused? Miles game says for week of 20130228 - am I supposed to just give a partial week mileage?

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I'm confused? Miles game says for week of 20130228 - am I supposed to just give a partial week mileage?

The mileage you should be entering is for the week just completed. I think the majority of Miles Game participants use a Sun - Sat week so thier week ended 2/28. If you use a Mon-Sun week then post your week ended 3/1. Generally partial weeks should not be posted. It saves on the number of times you need to post and reduces errors or forgetting to post a full week's mileage.

2024 Races:

05/11 - D3 50K

February 28th was a Thursday though... so not sure how that fits either a Sat-Sun or any other normal week type structure...

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

February 28th was a Thursday though... so not sure how that fits either a Sat-Sun or any other normal week type structure...

Whoops!? I thought the dates sounds odd but didn't check the calendar. I'l contact aplodder to see what the problem is. Meanwhile post as normal.

2024 Races:

05/11 - D3 50K

mrpink

Hey team, just wanted to check in and say hello.

I am recovering well. I've been doing quite a bit of walking and have been enjoying that, but I'm really chomping at the bit to get back out and running again.

I had my leg re-scanned today and it looks like good news. The clot in my left leg has almost completely resolved itself at this point. I have an appt with my PCP this Friday and I'm hoping to get the all clear to start running again. I've been off for nearly 6 weeks now so my mileage will be low and slow, but it will be nice to get back out there. Wish me luck!

March is DVT awareness month. I missed my early warning signs, and so did my primary doctor. This seems to be a very typical story when it comes to young, healthy individuals and DVT/PE. Below is a link to clotconnect.org page that tells you all you need to know about blood clots. I encourage everyone to take 2 minutes and give it a read. It could save your life some day. I'm going to post this in the Beginners Forum too, but I figured I'd share it here as well.

http://www.clotconnect.org/about-clot-connect/news/march-is-dvt-awareness-month

Have a great month all.

Wow, that must be a huge relief. Glad to hear it!

I did my longest run to date on Sunday logging 7 miles, and hadn't had a chance to run since. I got back from a business trip today and got my traditional 30 minute lunch time run in. It's funny how just a few weeks ago 30 minutes might seem long, but with some longer runs under my belt 30 minutes kind of flies by. Might be able to run outside on Saturday with sunshine and temps in the mid-40s.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I will have very limited Internet access for the next 10-12 days. If you have any problems posting, contact aplodder or bob in pittsburg.

2024 Races:

05/11 - D3 50K

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Welcome to Spring. When I looked out the window this moring there was snow on the ground and snow falling. Why am I surprised? I went to Ireland, the Emerald Isle. You know, green and all that. So the second morning there I wake up to snow on the ground. If I wanted snow I would have gone to Iceland, not Ireland.

2024 Races:

05/11 - D3 50K

Nuinta

Iceland is supposed to be very green also.  Oddly enough, Greenland is supposed to have more snow and ice. Smile

My miles have been low for the last few weeks.  GI virus misery, caused me to break my budding streak. oh well, always time to start again.  I finally feel like I'm getting back to normal, so now i need to work back up from the 1-2  miles per day I've been doing while not yet 100% back to the 3-5 miles a day I had been doing.

Hope everyone else is doing well!

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Mr Pink - let me know when you're ready to come off IR.

Now that I think I'm recovered from whatever bug I picked up in Ireland, I've officially started my training for NC24. I'm still a little sore from jumping right back in after almost 2 weeks off between vacation and being sick. I ran 10 miles on Saturday which is one of my longest runs this year so far. Ian wants me to schedule some marathon length or longer races leading up to NC24, so I'm jumping in with both feet. I have my first marathon in several decades scheduled for May 26th, so basically I'm on a 8-9 week marathon training program. I wonder what the BF "gurus" would say about that.

For those of you who also follow the RW thread, all the old threads there are gone along with Pluck. The new team thread is posted in the Team Challenges forum.

2024 Races:

05/11 - D3 50K

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Iceland is supposed to be very green also.  Oddly enough, Greenland is supposed to have more snow and ice. Smile

I've heard that the naming of those islands was a deliberate decoy by Eric the Red to entice people to go to Greenland.

2024 Races:

05/11 - D3 50K

Philliefan33

Ian wants me to schedule some marathon length or longer races leading up to NC24, so I'm jumping in with both feet. I have my first marathon in several decades scheduled for May 26th, so basically I'm on a 8-9 week marathon training program. I wonder what the BF "gurus" would say about that.

George -- I just saw that thread.  I didn't know you had a little bit of trouble-maker in you!  I wonder if anyone who doesn't "know" you will bother to check your log and see the 70,000+ mile base that you have?  Your situation is just a wee bit different than someone trying "couch to marathon" in 8-9 weeks.

I caught a cold that affected my running for almost a week, so my mileage over the past two weeks wasn't what I had planned.  But I feel recovered now and ready for a smart training push in the 4.5 weeks left before my HM on 4/28.  I'm planning my next two LR's to be 12+ miles, the 4/13 LR distance is TBD.  I'm not expecting big fitness gains in the next few weeks, just keeping what I've got and boosting my confidence to run a little harder in the race than I do in training.