Beginners and Beyond MILES GAME

Team MRT (Read 355 times)

not lazy, just tired

Good luck tomorrow, Sly!

6.5 miles today for me. Felt pretty easy - a really good run in spite of it being 38° and drizzle/light rain. I was pretty wet when I finished, but happy.

Not if it makes sense.

Lanie811

Run Lanie, Run!

Good luck Slymoon! According to his runkeeper thing, it looks like he's doing great! Can't wait to hear how he does!

No running for me today :-( ...quite happy that my quads are not mad at me for the amount of running that I did yesterday but it feels like my ITBS is [mad at me]! Can't win for losing sometimes! Oh well, will rest today and tomorrow then will get out there again on Tuesday! Just tickled that I was able to go the distance! I'm telling you, 2013 is going to be MY year for running!!!

Way to go on the miles SLD! Love runs like that--(not so much the rain/drizzle part but the feeling it was a good run!

15.7 miles for the week. Went out for an easy 1 mile run this afternoon while the sun was still up. I don't get to do that to often anymore. So far my streak is still going at 18 days and 38.3 miles.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend. Sly waiting to see you RR.

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

GI issues hit at 7 mi, I held on until 12/13 then it went all downhill.

13 mile split 1:52

Remainder of race 3:16

5:08 finish...

I will post a proper RR when I can compose my thoughts.

Fear the bagel+PB

lsp

Lump Off

Ah, that really sucks. So much prep work and then to be thwarted by one little thing; or perhaps it was more than a little thing.

I feel for you since my little respiratory infection ruined my 15k race and then I missed 2 more races and just started back last week; 7 miles for the week - bam!

Lanie811

Run Lanie, Run!

I had a fairly decent run this morning! Intended on 6 but took my little dog Katie with me so ended up only with 5. There were too many other dogs on the same trail and it was more of a hassle than anything else. Love her to pieces but will not take her there again. I've been dealing with some ITBS and tight hammy in my left leg all week so have laid low until today. I took it easy and just did a 1 minute run and 4 minute walk but included a solid 1 mile run from the 3.5-4.5 mile markers. I was hoping to go all the way to the 5 mile mark but I did the mile in 12:35 which is on the faster side for me and decided not to push it, I still need to run Saturday morning. Came home and got on the foam roller thingie...Now to decorate the XMas tree! Fa la la la la laaaa!

Not quite right

Thanks for invite 

My name is Chas I live up in the great northwest in suburb outside of Seattle called Maple Valley with my wife and one lovely daughter. I a noob to running which is how I ended up hear. I started back in April to train for a 5k my business sponsors in June. So did some running I was semi fit and could use to drop few more pounds so did some running. I enjoyed the running for most part but what I loved was the race. I like to compete even though I am not fast by any means. Races to me are great and my biggest competition is myself. After that did 5 more 5ks tried to build up mileage was slowed some by shin splints.  I am a heal ponder and they act up at times. That is how I got here looking for advise to continue running after the first race. I just read the advise the RR and everything else. Then when the forums changed decided to post some and moved over to RA too .  

Now 8 months later running I have 5 5k's a 10k and a HM under my belt. Just come off my best month 80 miles and Have a few more HM's on the calendar for next year. Still fighting my lower legs some shin pain and muscle tightness at times. I have changed my stride and started some  lower leg exercises. Also I am on my feet all day so I feel that does no help either. 

Little long winded Smile but that the history of my running so far 

Thanks again for the team invite 

Lanie811

Run Lanie, Run!

Welcome to ap4, CSpirkRun and Joe in Raleigh! We have threads in RWOL, here on RA and a team group on facebook (Team MRT), so any location (or all three) that you'd like to post in, it's all good!

Rest day for me, I'm feeling my left hammie a bit more than usual today...hoping to still get out for 7 miles tomorrow though.

Lanie811

Run Lanie, Run!

7.4 miles today for me folks...started off with a 5 min run/3 min walk for about 2 miles then walked some. At some point I started to run solid, ended up being a mile. Walked a little bit more then started running, slower this time and ended up running 2.5 miles solid then walked the rest of the way. Felt great! Thinking about getting out again tomorrow but if DH goes with me, it'll just be for a long walk.

not lazy, just tired

Welcome, Chas!

7.3 miles for me yesterday, 5 this morning. My legs have been feeling a bit tired today - rest day tomorrow.

Not if it makes sense.

Lanie811

Run Lanie, Run!

Ended up being lazy with DH watching movies and some football today. Quite nice to chill before starting my new job tomorrow!! Dont forget to post your miles!!
                        Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

10 miles in tonight, was aiming for 6, but it was a pleasant night and I had a lot to think about.

Marathon RR is up:
                          2012 Dallas Marathon - RR

Run Long, and Prosper!

Hey all, I'm new to the team. I've got two messages, one from Bob and one from Lanie, but for some reason my browser at work won't let me open them. I'll check them tonight when I get home. Been battling a little knee pain so mileage is low to zero right now. Hopefully the miles will pick up shortly.

"Leave all the afternoon for exercise and recreation, which are as necessary as reading. I will rather say more necessary because health is worth more than learning."

- Thomas Jefferson

not lazy, just tired

Lanie, lazily watching movies sounds really good! I think we (DH, sons and I) are going to go see Skyfall later today. We usually go up to VT on Monday to ski Tues, Wed., and Thurs but NOAA is predicting freezing rain for VT tonight and tomorrow morning so we're not driving up until tomorrow afternoon. Don't feel like skiing in freezing rain. Just as well, plenty to get done here in CT. 

I'll be running this morning, about 6.5 to 7 miles.

Not if it makes sense.

Welcome aboard new teammates!

My running streak ended on Wednesday. Woke up and my hips were killing me. I think it was from duing some weights on Monday. So I took Wed, Thru and Fri off from running. Put in just over 6 miles on both Sat and Sun. Now with my streak over I can start working on my long runs again and build mileage up. Thinking about doing a marathon at the end of September. What do you thank a good basae mileage should be to start and what do you think would be a good plan. My first goal will to be to finish it. Second goal is to be somewhere between 3:50 and 4:10. My last half I did I ran it in 2:01 and didn't train worth a darn for it but finished knowing I could have done better if I ran the miles and did the training.