Northeast PA

2011 events (Read 209 times)

Carl A

Who's doing what this spring, summer and fall?

Here's what I'm thinking of for this year:

2/12: Winter Beast of Burden 24-hr
    2/27: Yours Truly 50K
    4/2: Philadelphia 100
    5/13: 3 Days at the Fair
    7/7: Viaduct Trail Ultra (co-directing and running)
    9/10: Pine Creek Challenge
    10/9: Steamtown
    11/13: Harrisburg Marathon

Speed my steps along your path, according to your will.

On On

I am trying to run at 3 Days at the Fair and Viaduct.

Not sure if you have seen the inception of the Holiday Marathons in NYC.  Free marathon on every holiday.  So far they have done Turkey Day, Xmas and New Years Day.  http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/The-Holiday-Marathons/171075552916687

I have spoken with the RD and have thought of trying to set up a trail marathon here in NJ the day before or after his, let runners get in two marathons in two days.  Fat Ass style for both.

Just letting you know there are others out there trying to keep low cost running options alive.

Hawt and sexy

How hard is it to run these fat ass things? Like, if I wanted to do a marathon on the D&H one weekend, do I have to tell the trail council if I expect 20 or less? (way less...)

I'm touching your pants.

Carl A

The Holiday Marathons in NYC.  Free marathon on every holiday. 

I have spoken with the RD and have thought of trying to set up a trail marathon here in NJ the day before or after his, let runners get in two marathons in two days.  Fat Ass style for both.

Just letting you know there are others out there trying to keep low cost running options alive.

Thanks, Rick, for letting me know about the holiday marathons. I hadn't heard about them, but they sound like fun. Thanks also for looking into making companion FA marathons.

How hard is it to run these fat ass things? Like, if I wanted to do a marathon on the D&H one weekend, do I have to tell the trail council if I expect 20 or less? (way less...)

Lynn Conrad at the rail trail council has been very nice about letting us use the rail trail. I'm not sure, but I think that being able to show usage is good for their funding, also. To reach her, you can email trails-at-nep.net. If I'm free that weekend, I'd definitely be interested in running a D&H marathon.

On On

You can set up a Fat Ass run any where any time.  The more people you have at the event (or expect) the more trouble you run into and the more planning that it takes.

If you want it to be official by clubs like the maniacs and such just list it on their calendar a month or so in advance and get at least 5 runners.

In reality most Fat Ass events are little more than organized group runs.

Hawt and sexy

See, I was thinking of running a marathon the day before Steamtown on the D&H down here. It would make it an easy double for the Maniacs. Not sure I would run the thing, but I like the idea of having it.

I'm touching your pants.

Carl A

This is a sweet idea. I was already thinking about getting up early and running a double Steamtown.

Carl A

Circumstances are pretty much forcing me to limit this year to Viaduct and Steamtown.

Really looking forward to these!

Carl, have you registered for Steamtown yet?  I got an email a while ago that they had over 1,000 registrations already so I plunked down mine.  Ed

Carl A

Yes, I'm registered. Last time I ran it was 2003, so I'm really looking forward to being back out on the course!

I've run most of them, I think the hill at mile 23 (approx) has been shortened since 03' but I could be wrong.  It's a great time, just wish they would fix the problem with lines at the munchies table.  Don't think I've ever had the patience to wait long enough to get something to eat.  Ed