Northeast PA

Broad street run (Read 357 times)

Anybody plannin' on runnin Broad street next weekend - or possibly the pocono marathon?
    2010 Goals
    Succesful pacing jobs at Shamrock (3:20)...
    VTU 100 Ultramarathon - finish
    at least 250 miles/mo., 3000+ miles for the year
      I'll be hitting up broad street. NRC has a team heading down. We'll see how that goes! anyone else??
        I'll be at broad street. Haven't run it before but its a pretty big event. Have you run it before Kyle? If so, how is the starting as far as lineup. I plan on runnin around 6:30/ mile. Is it set up so you line up by pace or is it pretty much a free for all. What do you suggest.
        2010 Goals
          I haven't been out there... but here is the word on the street. I know they line up by pace. Skweirz ran 53:08 chip time last year, but ran 53:15 gun time. For 6:30 pace I wouldn't expect to see a huge wait. The warmup/staging area is the track by the starting line. They call you to line up by pace. I think you have different markings on the bib to help based on your time you put down. Either way they control what happens. You have to with nearly 14000 people. The course is flat and fast! I'm going to concentrate on controling my pace early. Don't get out too fast or else you're toast. We will have red and black NRC jackets on and red shorts/white singlets. You are welcome to hang out with us and warm up with us as much as you want. We all have different routines, but you can feel free to tag along.
          Carl A

My mom turns 60 this weekend, so I'll be out of town to visit and celebrate. If I can, I'll get in a run Sunday morning. Good luck racers!

Speed my steps along your path, according to your will.

Kyle, y'all gonna have a booth at the expo?
              2010 Goals
                Yeah we'll be there. They left today to get stuff set up. I probably won't be there much since I'm racing...maybe for an hour or two on Saturday. Hope to see you at the race!
                  Sorry I missed y'all at the race. Great job to you and your crew. I just can't keep up that pace, but 1:01:14 is not bad for and old man like me. Still good enough for 217th overall. Hopefully I'll catch up with ya at some races up in NEPA.
                  2010 Goals
                    It was a fun race. There were plenty of people there for sure. Chris and Nick had AMAZING races. They really came through for the team. I probably won't be racing at another NEPA race until Christy Matthewson in August. It's time for me to get some serious miles in. I will probably be at a few though. Nice work with the 1:01!