Oklahoma Runners

Upcoming Races (Read 182 times)

Its sort of a down time for me, with Route 66 Marathon recovery ongoing, but does anyone have any races coming up that they are planning for or getting ready to run.  I know there is a 5k in Downtown OKC in about a week and then an 8k out at Hefner after that.  Both look pretty promising.

cbennett926

Trust Me, Im an Engineer

I have a race coming up! It's in 5 months but it's coming up, I'm running the Memorial Marathon in April

Not all those who wander are lost - JRR Tolkien

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

I just did the Route 66 half and I'm doing the OKC 5k on the 8th too! I didn't know about the 8k. What day is that?

I'll be running the OKC Memorial half this year too.

cbennett926

Trust Me, Im an Engineer

I look forward to seeing you at the Memorial, I am running the full.

Have you guys started training yet?

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

Not officially. I start my 14 week Pfitz program in January.

Will this be your first full?

cbennett926

Trust Me, Im an Engineer

This is my second and I begin my ~22 week plan after new years!

extrasauce

I'll be running the 5k on the 8th. I'm considering wearing an elf hat. FlippyNoodle, are you dressing up? 

The 8k is the 15th I believe, I think it is called Naughty or Nice, something like that.

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

I'll be running the 5k on the 8th. I'm considering wearing an elf hat. FlippyNoodle, are you dressing up? 

I'm not planning to...although I may buy some silly socks or something. Smile

Well, the 8k is out for me then. I have to get things together for a birthday party for both of my boys that day.

pfriese

A new Oklahoma group, I see. We tried one here last year (Oklahoma Running Club), but could not reach critical mass. Maybe with the RWOL immigration it will.

Here are my race plans for the rest of the year:

12/01  - Northcare Reindeer Run 10K - Oklahoma City, OK

12/08  -   Holiday Nightlight Run 5K - Midwest City, OK

12/15  - Faster than the Pastor 5K - Mustang, OK

Best website(s) for central Oklahoma races that I've found are:

DG Productions & Landrunners (OKC Running Club)

Paul

I arrived here because RW is getting rid of the training log.  I was never too active on the forums over there, but I liked the freedom you have here to do create what you want.  Don't know how active I will be here either, but just thought I would throw something out there.  I haven't posted anything on Facebook yet, but I will let a few people know that it is here.  It would be cool if this little forum could become a good resource for OK Runners.

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

pfriese, there weren't a lot of okies on RW, but there were a few. I am not sure how many of them came to RA just yet, but it would be neat to have a fairly active little group here. I'm a member of the Landrunners, but have only run with them once and I was bringing up the rear. I want to get a little faster before I try that again.
                          pfriese

pfriese, there weren't a lot of okies on RW, but there were a few. I am not sure how many of them came to RA just yet, but it would be neat to have a fairly active little group here. I'm a member of the Landrunners, but have only run with them once and I was bringing up the rear. I want to get a little faster before I try that again.

I must not have been running that day as I run very very slow on my long training runs with them. Maybe see you at a few training runs after the first of the year. I'm easy to pick out (I look just like my profile pic).

Paul

cbennett926

Trust Me, Im an Engineer

When and where do they meet? I would love to try and get in an active running group that meets more than once a week (OK Runner in Norman on Saturdays at 7 AM)

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

Pfriese, my pace was around 11:00 minute miles. I'm sure it will drop considerably between now and April though. If not, I'm doing something wrong. Cbennett, the Landrunners are typically a once a week deal too. Honestly, I liked training on my own for the most part, but I did run with friends a few times. I race on my own, so I think it was mentally helpful for me to rely on myself throughout my training. I apologize for the lack of line breaks, but my phone doesn't include them once I press the post button.