Raleigh, NC and surrounding area

Hello from another former CR/Active user (Read 534 times)

I live in Raleigh, and I run at Umstead and Lake Johnson. I recently signed up for the Inside/Out Half Marathon. I can't wait to take another crack at that one. I am so happy that I found this group. I recognize some of you from the old CR Raleigh forum. I am so glad to "see" you again! I am excited about getting to know the rest of you. Happy Trails!
    Wingz

Professional Noob

Hi, Laurie! I love running at Umstead. Any chance you're running those trails at over a 15 min mile pace? (Always looking for another training partner...)

Roads were made for journeys...

Wingz are you running the hiking trails or the bridle trails? If you are running trails like Company Mill or Loblolly, a 15 minute pace sounds right. I'll try trail running again after the HM. If you need another running partner in April, I'm in! Honestly, I can't run them by myself because I am a KLUTZ. Roll eyes
        Wingz

Professional Noob

Yes, I mean Loblolly, Sal's Branch, and last year I spent a lot of time over on the Sycamore trail. Sycamore's about 7 miles, and it almost always took me about 2 hours... Roll eyes I typically don't really rush on the trails, so I know there's faster in me than what I'm doing. I'm often just out for the scenery. Big grin Good luck on your HM! And yes, April sounds like a fine time to start running more trails! Smile

Thank you Wingz! I am starting to get nervous about the Half. The taper for this one should be interesting. I've never run Sycamore before. It would be good to run it with an expert. Let's hit the trails in April. I'll bring the bug spray Big grin
            Wingz

Professional Noob

I've never run Sycamore before. It would be good to run it with an expert.
              ROFLMAO!!! "Expert" eh? That is tooooooooo funny! Sycamore's a big lollipop. Do just the stem of the lollipop and it's about 4 miles. Throw in the candy and it's about 7. Nice hills. Some river. A few bridges. Two turns that aren't clearly marked. That's about it. Wink

Now it is my turn.... LMAO! I specialize in getting lost at Umstead. My forum handle should be wrongway66, but I am too lazy to change it! Two turns that aren't clearly marked? I'll wind up in Chatham county somewhere. Heck, I even ask for directions on a race course Tongue
                Wingz

Professional Noob

Heh heh heh Evil grin Maybe I just said that to make sure you don't ditch me if I'm going too slow... Tongue

No worries there. I want to get to the end of the trail with my ankles and knees intact. Roll eyes