Raleigh, NC and surrounding area

Where did you race last weekend? (Read 305 times)

Wingz

Professional Noob

Katrina - Where'd you end up racing last weekend? I went to the Goldsboro 5K. It was a good course - nice and FLAT!!! What a change from, say, the Race for the Cure this year! There's a 5K benefitting the YWCA in High Point on 8/26. If you're interested, it's at www.ywcahp.com/FundRace.htm. Janell

Roads were made for journeys...

I just raced at home last weekend. I was going to race on the 26th but I have to work that Saturday now Cry I've only lived here since May so I'm still trying to figure out all the "best" races....There's one in Raleigh at the end of September that I think I'll shoot for.
      Wingz

Professional Noob

I usually go to www.runnc.com to find races, since they pretty much have a monopoly around here. Also I go to www.active.com, www.coolrunning.com/eventcal, and www.ncroadrunners.org. There's another good race calendar out there but I don't have it bookmarked (durn it!!!) so I can't find it for you right now. I'm going to try the Salem Lake 10K on Sept 23. It's a dirt trail around Salem Lake in Winston-Salem. Sounds fun! There's a 30K going on at the same time, for those hearty souls...

Roads were made for journeys...