Raleigh, NC and surrounding area

Your Upcoming Races Thread (Read 574 times)

Wingz

Professional Noob

I saw this idea in another group and thought it worked really well. If we list in one spot what races we are doing/planning then it becomes really easy to find out if anyone is going to be running in a race you're running in, and also makes it easier to cheer people on. What are your race plans?

Roads were made for journeys...

Wingz

Professional Noob

My upcoming races are: Sept 20: Salem Lake 10K trail race (30K distance also available) Non-technical trail race. Done! Great weather, wonderful race. I love this race! Big grin Dec 6: Run at the Rock 7 mile trail race (14 mile distance also available.) Technical trail race.

Great idea for a sticky post! My upcoming race is: Dec 13: Charlotte Half-marathon (www.runcharlotte.com). Marathon, relay marathon, and 5K offered as well.
        DarrelW

Hey everyone! I am new to the group. I joined in January under a different username while I was in Iraq. Well, I have returned, had shoulder surgery and have started running again. I am looking for a Spring trail marathon or 50K. I want to break into ultras in 2009. Anyone know of a good race that isn't too far away in March or April? My youngest son is in a club called Marathon Maniacs with school and we will do some local events this year. Hope to see some of you around. I also would like to find some running partners for Saturday mornings. Thanks, Darrel
          dukefan86

My upcoming races are: Apex Turkey Trot 5K, Apex, Nov. 22 Inside-Out Sports Thanksgiving Day Turkey Trot 8K, Cary, Nov. 27 Jingle Bell Run/walk 5K for Arthritis, Raleigh, Dec. 6 I've recently run the City of Oaks Half Marathon (my first half) and the Free to Breathe 5K. Busy fall. Lesley
            dukefan86

I'm running the Jingle Bell Run 5K in Raleigh this weekend, and have signed up for the Coach Bubba 20K on Feb. 21.
              Wingz

Professional Noob

Hey everyone! I am new to the group. I joined in January under a different username while I was in Iraq. Well, I have returned, had shoulder surgery and have started running again. I am looking for a Spring trail marathon or 50K. I want to break into ultras in 2009. Anyone know of a good race that isn't too far away in March or April? My youngest son is in a club called Marathon Maniacs with school and we will do some local events this year. Hope to see some of you around. I also would like to find some running partners for Saturday mornings. Thanks, Darrel
                I don't know how far is "too far away" but the Myrtle Beach marathon/half marathon's in February. Perhaps a HM might be a good full marathon warm-up? And have you checked with the NC roadrunners group here in Raleigh? They have some long runs Saturdays.

Future running partner.

Thinking about running this weekends Run for Young 5k. Any one else running or run last year's. Run for Young 5k
                  JDF

Non-Stroller-Still Crazy

Thinking about running this weekends Run for Young 5k. Any one else running or run last year's. Run for Young 5k
                    That was a great race and for a great cause! A lot of people were fast that day also. I highly recommend that race! I managed to run about 30 races last year in the Raleigh area alone. If anyone has any questions about any local races chances are I can answer them. See you at the races.
                    dukefan86

I'm planning to do the Frozen 5K race at Bond Park in Cary tomorrow. Anyone else going? (They've already closedregistration.) http://www.frozen5krace.org/ Brrrr!

runnergirlmommy

Planning to run some local ones and a few where I have friends/family. Now that my youngest is 3 years old I am trying to get out more often to run and set a goal for year end of running a marathon Smile. Mar 7 - Cary Distance Festival 5K or 10K (haven't decided yet) March 14 - Run for the Oaks 5K, Raleigh Apr 4 - Cary Road Race 10K, Cary Apr 25 - Tarheel 10M, Chapel Hill (still thinking about this one) May 17 - Biltmore 15K, Asheville May 31 - ZOOMA Annapolis Half Marathon, Annapolis Oct 24 - American Tobacco Trail 10M Over the summer I plan to run at least one 1/2 marathon. I really want to visit NYC (I'm from NJ) for vacation this year and run the Manhattan Half Marathon in August if I can get in. Also interesting but more expensive to travel to...the Napa to Sonoma Half Marathon. Then a fall marathon (if all the other stuff goes well!) - NYC (only if I get in of course), Raleigh, Richmond or OBX. Big grin
                          Next weekend, 2/21, I am planning to run Coach Bubba in Durham. A nice, flat 4-mile course.
                          RGRunner

Has anyone run the Raleigh Rocks 5K before. I am thinking about running that one on March 28th.
                            rlemert

I'm planning on running it this year. I was going to last year, but got injured in training and couldn't make it. Hopefully the weather will be better than last year - lots of heavy rain and spring storms IIRC. Also, if someone did run it last year they're not going to have that much of an advantage - I believe this year is a completely new course.
                              dukefan86

I'll be doing the Run for the Oaks 5K on the 14th, and the raleigh Rocks Half on the 28th. Lesley