Running Readers

Julie and Romeo (Non Running) (Read 359 times)

Not a running book or remotely related, but a lighthearted romance. It's called Julie and Romeo by Jeanne Ray. Here's the description: A deliciously funny and wicked sexy novel of love found (finally!) and love threatened (inevitably) by the families who claim to love us best. Romeo Cacciamani and Julie Roseman are rival florists in Boston, whose families have hated each other for as long as anyone can remember (what they can't remember is why). When these two vital, lonely people see each other across a crowded lobby at a small business owners' seminar, an intense attraction blooms that neither tries to squelch. They're not sure what fate has in store for them, but they're not about to let something as silly as a generations-long feud stand in the way of finding out. That is, not until Romeo's octogenarian mother, Julie's meddling ex-husband, and a cast of grown Cacciamani and Roseman children begin to intervene with a passionate hatred that matches their newly found love, stroke for stroke. Think Montagues and Capulets, think wise and witty and throughly modern. Julie and Romeo is a love story for the ages. All ages. This is very easy reading and great if you just want to cruise through a lighthearted book. I read it in 2 sittings...227 pages. Very cute and put a smile on my face!
      Oh, I read this a few years ago and absolutely loved it. I should try to find a copy of it again. Thanks for the reminder!
        There's apparently a 2nd book Julie and Romeo Get Lucky that I'd like to read as well. Have you read that one? Just wondered if it was as good!