Running Readers

Heart Rate Monitor Training for the Compleat Idiot (Read 518 times)

Has anyone read this? it is by the same guy that wrote "Once a Runner" (which I'd love to read). I think it is a good intro to low HRM training, but his training plans seem a bit simplistic. His ideas are also much different than the Maffetone stuff I've read.
      I just ordered up a copy from Amazon. If you check for it on Amazon, be sure you are sitting down (which you probably are since you are at a computer). The price for the book ranges to OVER $100. Yes, as in ONE HUNDRED. I snagged one available copy for $10 or so used (has some highlighting). Parker's books are impossible to get, except the new one, Again to Carthage. You can't get "Once a Runner" anymore. That said, I have read that Compleat Idiot is THE book to read on HR training.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

wow, that's amazing. I should sell mine. In fact, I really own two, as one is out on 'loan' and I could ask that person to bring it back. I'd love to read 'once a runner'. I'd ordered it two years ago on amazon but they canceled the order after a while.