Running Readers

new books? (Read 244 times)

Carl A

I work in an editing office, and my boss gives out novellas each year. I'm about to start this year's gift: Rasselas, Prince of Abyssinia.

Anyone else get any good books over the holidays?

Speed my steps along your path, according to your will.

Purdey

Self anointed title

Got (and finished) Charlie Spedding's "From last to first".  Good read.

Got "Born To Run" about a tribe in Mexico that parties hard and runs hard...only about 5 chapters in, but so far I really am enjoying the style of writing and where it's headed
        "Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another." -Ernest Hemingway

-When Chuck Norris wants popcorn, he breathes on Nebraska.

-Chuck Norris destroyed the periodic table, because he only recognizes the element of surprise.

I got a ton of books over the holidays but I'm still so backlogged I haven't had time to get to any of them.

The Lacuna - Barbara Kingsolver's newest.

Her Fearful Symmetry -- Audrey Niffenegger's newest (read about 50-60 pages on the plane around the holidays and LOVED it, but haven't picked it back up again yet).

Of Human Bondage -- Somerset Maugham (can't wait to start this one)

The Piano Teacher - Janice Yee (or Lee).  Nearly finished w/this, it's excellent.

Good friend just started a book club, and she picked Catcher in the Rye, so I have to start that this weekend.

Also reading The Lightening Thief with my son, so we can go see the movie in a couple weeks.

There are more, it seems like I've got a huge stack sitting next to my bed, I just can't think of what they are!

Michelle