Running Readers

What Book Are You Reading Right Now? (Read 1345 times)

I recently finished Island Beneath the Sea, by Isabel Allende.  I have always loved her books but this one is my new favorite of hers.  She has an amazing talent.

Also listening to the audio of A Summer Fling by Milly Johnson.  Total mindless chick-lit drivel but it's read by an someone with a British accent which makes it automatically more cool, and it's fabulous to listen to on my long commutes.  

Michelle

Snizzle

Living on the Wind : Across the Hemisphere with Migratory Birds - Scott Weidensaul

I live on one of the migratory flyways and birds are a part of my running.

Some parts of the year it would seem running is a part of pausing to

watch the true endurance athletes.

vegefrog

Has anyone ever read Tom Robbins' books??

They are OUT THERE...I had one suggested to me and I've been picking my way through it. Interesting, sort of metaphysical and I have to have a thesaurus next to me at all times, LOL. I'm currently reading Half Asleep in Frog Pajamas.

sacgirl3.0

king of the divan

Just re-read Charles Dickens' Oliver twist. Last time I read it was in 7th grade. It was as spectacular as I remembered.

Has anyone ever read Tom Robbins' books??

They are OUT THERE...I had one suggested to me and I've been picking my way through it. Interesting, sort of metaphysical and I have to have a thesaurus next to me at all times, LOL. I'm currently reading Half Asleep in Frog Pajamas.

I read the Cowgirl book, can't remember the exact name, the one they made a movie out of.  About the girl with the very large thumb.  It was weird but entertaining.  I have the Frog Pajama book but I haven't read it yet.  I like his style though, I'll pick that one up pretty soon.

I'm currently re-reading Mark Helprin's Winter's Tale.  It's my all-time favorite book and I just heard they're making a movie out of it.  I'm disgusted by this but a little intrigued.  It's not a well-known book so I'm surprised Hollywood got a old of it.  

Michelle